Page Details

First published by:
QCA Admin
on Mon, Aug 10 2009
Last revision by:
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz)
on Sun, Feb 21 2010
0 people found this article useful.

G-I Terms

0% of people found this useful
Posted by Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz)
Sunday, 21 February 2010

Add your G-I Terms by clicking on the black  "Add Page" button above.

Recent Comments

By: QltrRuth117 Posted on Sat, Feb 6 2010 1:36 PM

How does one finish an "inner border flap"?

I have a Mark Lipinski Mystery quilt that calls for it.  He says cut strips of fabris to 1 1/2", iron them wrong sides together.  Sew to quilt using a 1/8 " seam allowance.  Add 5 inch border strips.  On top?  On the edge?

By: Posted on Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:21 PM

You lay the inner border raw edges to the quilt top and stitch the 1/8".  Then attach the outer border as usual (right sides together, raw edges alligned).  This gives you a narrow "flap" that lays between the pieced top and the border.  Also known as a "flange".

By: Jo Posted on Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:17 PM

I call it a framing border and love to use it on lots of quilts.  I cut my strips 1-1/2"  to 1-3/4".  Fold in half and press with wrong sides together.  Sew the strip along the edge you wish to frame with the fold towards the center and the raw edges of the center and strip together.  Sew with 1/8" seam, then attach your borders over this as normal.

By: gini Posted on Thu, Aug 26 2010 11:28 AM

how do you deal with the corners?    

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2018 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.