Yesterday I finished sewing on the hanging sleeve, washed and dried the quilt! Now I only have to make a label and sew it on. Ta Dah!
Thankfully, I finished basting the quilt yesterday. I had set up folding tables in the garage. I always put down old shower curtains under them to keep the quilt clean. When I lifted up the section of quilt that had been on the floor it felt damp, so I spread the quilt out and let it stay till this morning. It felt dry so I rolled up and pinned the
I finished the back today! I ironed both the front and back and set the center creases with the iron. I just finished watching the two Sharon Shamber YouTube videos on basting quilts. I have used this technique on several quilts and it works well for me. The only thing I do different from Sharon Shamber is that I use water soluble thread for basting
The back is underway. I used one large rectangle of each of the colors in the front. These are of varying widths and lengths. I made them like the front rectangles. There are sashing strips of varying width the length of the quilt back. There are sashing strips between the blocks of varying lengths. I have about half of the back put together. I had