I just finished this top and it's the auction project for my son's 8th grade graduating class. The class has 35 students and 17 students have been together since kindergarten, we've picked up a few and lost a few along the way, love these kids! All photos have been antiqued using iPhoto and printed with my ink jet printer, the center photo is the class this year and their lovely faces surround the quilt in 3 x 3 finished squares. Memories from kindergarten up to 8th grade are in the remaining squares. Only 3 photos fit the 6 x 6 finished squares so the other large photos have the pattern built into the border surrounding the square and I think it added to the overall pattern. The original quilt pattern was on Pinterest so I changed it to fit my needs. I'm so pleased with the top and I can't wait to see the magic that the machine quilter brings to the finished quilt.