This table runner I made to try the quilt-as-you-go method. It was fun! I used various silk/satin strips that I had from a previous quilt and I used microfiber material for the backing and the binding.
The silks and satins are so pretty. But I hear they are difficult to work with. Nice job.
They are difficult to work with because of the constant fraying, that's why I kept it small. I had made a king sized quilt top with the materials, but ended up getting rid of it. Talk about headaches!!! I didn't want to waste the material, so I did this and still have plenty of scraps left. Thank you for your compliment!!
I had to cut some of this type fabric for a customer the other day. Just having done that, I can just imagine how hard it would be to work with.