Giant Dahlia Quilt in Christmas fabrics
On Thanksgiving morning, before the turkey went in the oven and the other cooking/cleaning chores of the day began, I got this "bug" about my Christmas fabric that was just waiting for me to do something with it. By the end of the day, I had all of the main splines made and about 1/4 of them put together. By the end of the weekend, the dahlia was complete and the first border was in place. Then, I realized why I don't see many of these around anymore....that outer border is a bear! It took more time to cut and sew the outer border than the entire dahlia piece.....Here it is, with the outer border attached. Just need one more border to call it "complete"....something cheery and festive to square it into something I can quilt and bind.