Again this year our quilt guild had people bring in a yard of unwanted fabrics, which were cut into fat quarters. i got five fabrics to which I added fifteen more from my stash as well as different whites and off-whites for the background. I took a pattern called "Rectangle 2 Squared" for the design. Only, instead of cutting the sashing strips the width that the pattern called for I ended up adding an extra inch because I had strips of fabric leftover from another project, and I wasn't about to waste time and fabric by cutting off one inch to get the right size. So I had to do some shifting of the blocks in order to get the rows all the same length, since I now had rectangles instead of squares. And it turned out to be a very large quilt because I didn't know when to stop! I gave it to my brother for his birthday this October.