I hope everyone isn't tired of seeing my progress yet...lol.
I've been on a creative streak and have had some extra time so I've been getting a LOT done on my door. As you can see, the bricks are done...thank goodness...whew! I created the curve above the door by cutting templates and piecing the batik. This worked out well as the batik has a stripe running through it. Piecing was the only way to keep the stripe curving around the door. Just a bit more shading on the bricks is all they need. I added the "sidewalk" and will work with that more on coloring and shading. I finished the door handle and some of the hinges. I just have to add 4 other smaller parts to the hinges. I created the hinges by wrapping batik around some timtex. I added paint to create texture. I made the doorknob and hinge nails from small round timtex buttons, wrapped with batik and painted.
I only added the door handle and hinges to show the progress. I will remove them and quilt first, then appliqué them on after the quilting is finished. The timtex is too thick to quilt around so it's easier to add them on later.
Let me know what you think!