This has been a quilt that I began last July. I started with just the book and the templates that were on the CD in the back of the book, but was not happy with my resulting blocks. I have EQ, so I ordered the companion CD and proceeded to complete all of the blocks using paper piecing. There were some exceptions, but a majority of the fabric used was from my stash, some pieces were actually from my scrap bag. I had it all figured out what I was going to use for the outside border, until I got there. After auditioning many fabrics, I decided on a flying geese border... and it worked very well with the rest of the quilt.