this is the second quilt I've made. I also designed it and drew all the items in the six panels. They are also appliqued and sewn by me on my machine. The squares that have the five pieces are the same as in Julie's Butterflies quilt and once again, my husband did the cutting and sewing. I forgot mention that the background to the Butterflies quilt was to be the back of Mya's quilt. I decided that trying to match 12 squares on the front with 12 squares on the back was probably over my head for starters! On Mya's quilt I did stitch in the ditch along the squares before adding the back to the quilt. The border was a fun thing to do also. I purchased some "stippling" paper and quilted the border. I think the next time I try quilting something I might try the item that you tamp with powder/chaulk as the paper was a pain to remove after stitching! The border did come out pretty nice considering I've never done that before either. I wanted this quilt to be a keepsake for Mya and Julie. Good thing I did the butterflies first!!