Show Us What You've Done!

rated by 0 users
This post has 70 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

It's looking doubtful that I'll be done by Monday :o( I'm working hard, and loving what I'm seeing, but very VERY doubtful I'll make the deadline *WAH* I'll work as long as I can and post a picture of what I have done....maybe I can get enough done and use a mirror to show a better idea of the finished project?? I could go into the long-winded excuses (hurricane, week without power, company from out of state, death in the family which resulted in more company from out of state...etc) but in the end...they are just excuses. I'm just not done.

I'll be posting shortly!

Karyn

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Oct 9 2011 3:12 PM

i've tried to get my picture on here and  the computer won't read the pictures.  i'll try to find it in the PNW retreat and send it over here.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 9 2011 3:52 PM

Gini,

I just love this.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:02 PM

thanks, kris

the camera isn't reading the picture very clear.  this one isn't much better than the other one, and i can see i left the extra fabric pinned to the corner,  oh well,  this is it.    gini

i should just leave well enough alone.  i deleted the first picture and forgot it had the measurements on it.   this quilt is approximately 52 x 57.  i'll try to get exact measurements tomorrow.  the centers of the flowers and the leaves are out of the ugly fabric, as well as the multi border and 3 blocks on the left side.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:08 PM

i must be really tired today.  if you click on the picture, it becomes real clear.  however, i left threads all over it, sorry everyone.   if i find time i will replace this pic with a more "cleaned up" version.  

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Gini.....I LOVE THIS! (yes, yelling!) I'm still frantically working on mine.

Karyn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Oct 9 2011 11:51 PM

thanks karyn

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 3:48 PM

i forgot to add,  do you know how hard it is to make an appliqued quilt with only four colors?   for me it's hard.  i'm used to using a different color for each petal and leaf.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

gini:

i forgot to add,  do you know how hard it is to make an appliqued quilt with only four colors?   for me it's hard.  i'm used to using a different color for each petal and leaf.

I do know how hard it is! I found that restriction to be the biggest challenge. I actually picked my design around it.....I'm still not done :o( Eventually I'll get it done and posted. If you're looking for a home for your ugly, lemme know! *laughing!*

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

Gini,

I love it!  I wouldn't even have attempted an applique with the wierd texture of the fabric.  Wouldn't have even thought about the fabric restrictions until I got 1/2 way done.  Your quilt is beautiful.

Nancy P

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:16 PM

thanks nancy,   the fabric had a lot of sizing in it.  once it was washed it was pretty soft and easy to work with. 

gini in north idaho

Page 5 of 5 (71 items) Prev12345
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use