Show Off Your Ugly

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. Posted: Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:32 PM

If you are not using the "group ugly", please post a picture here of your ugly fabric.  We'd all love to see what kind of challenge you are facing.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 2:17 PM

This is the ugly I chose. I hate the colors and it has sat on my shelf since I received it 9 - 10  years ago. 

I don't like the mud colored brown, or the dusty blue and pink, so I am using burgundy and cream fabrics.

I'm feeling a little guilty though that my fabric wasn't as challenging as I expected and so I'm going to make a quilt  with the Group Ugly fabric too.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 860
Peggy replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 4:39 PM

Ugly must be in the eye of the beholder.  I love this fabric. Of course, it has paisley shapes in it which I collect.  Not sure what the repeat is but it looks like it could lend very well to a stack n whack which are super fun to make.  If the repeat is about 10" or more you might think about that. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 7:15 PM

Jacy:
I'm feeling a little guilty though that my fabric wasn't as challenging as I expected and so I'm going to make a quilt  with the Group Ugly fabric too.

Hi Jacy,

I accepted your friend request.  Send me your address so I can mail the ugly.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 11:03 PM

Jacy:
This is the ugly I chose.

I like that fabric but it does look a little 80's.  But I like the colors.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use