Ready, Set, Go!

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,055
Points 20,145
Beth Weigt replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 11:25 AM

I've received my ugly (last week) and have a pattern picked out.  I will have to modify the pattern but that's part of the challenge I've set for myself.  I was on a guild outing and was able pick up the rest of the fabric I needed.  Now I need to finish the two quilts for next weekend (my niece adopted two little girls and after 3 years all the legal stuff has been finalized for the youngest, the older girl only took a year and there is a big celebration next weekend).

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 15,220
Kim Z replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 5:36 AM

I haven't gotten my ugly fabric yet, so I sent a message to Sandy to see what's up with it.  I have a pattern idea, but I need to see the fabric to finalize it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 7:44 PM

Melinda:
Are you using the group ugly fabric or are you using a different one?

I am using the group ugly fabric.  It is ugly!  We'll see how this quilt comes out!  I am anxious to see everyone's, too.  I know they will all be so different.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 8:19 PM

Jacy:
How close to that 50x60 measurement do we have to get?

Lap size will be close enough.  Just needs to be large enough to use 1/3 yd of your ugly.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,055
Points 20,145

Got my top 95% together.  Should be able to complete top tomorrow.  So far it looks like I'll only use three additional colors.

Sandy -- mailing costs will be sent tomorrow.

Beth

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 10:59 AM

Sandy H.:
Lap size will be close enough.  Just needs to be large enough to use 1/3 yd of your ugly.

'Yep, I'm using just about all of that piece of 'Ugly' and hope to incorporate the scraps in a border.

It's all cut and some pieced, I'd better get back to work on it before I get sidetracked by someother project calling me!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 11:02 AM

Beth Weigt:
Got my top 95% together.  Should be able to complete top tomorrow.

That's great Beth. I can't hardly wait to see what everyone did with this fabric!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,145

Sandy,

Have you decided when we can start posting pics of our ugly tops?

Karyn,

How did you guys pull through the hurricane? I hope your family and you are safe.

Melinda  Tacoma, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Melinda,

Sounds like most people have their designs all figured out so post whenever you are ready.  I'll start a new thread in the group for pictures.  If you are not using the group ugly, please include a pic of your ugly fabric too.

Can't wait to see what everyone has done.

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,825

Melinda:

Karyn,

How did you guys pull through the hurricane? I hope your family and you are safe.

Thanks for asking...we JUST got our power back (20 min ago). UGH! I'm SO far behind!!! How did you fare?

Karyn

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,365
Carol W replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:12 PM

Woohoo!  I just finished pieceing my "ugly" quilt top.  My DH response:  "there isn't anything ugly about it".  We'll see what everbody else thinks.  Will try to get pic posted tomorrow.  It was really fun to do!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:42 AM

Carol W:
Woohoo!  I just finished pieceing my "ugly" quilt top.  My DH response:  "there isn't anything ugly about it".

That's great that your done!

My quilt top is done and my DH had about the same response too. It's going to be fun to see everyone's quilts.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 15,220
Kim Z replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:02 PM

I just finished my top and have to just add a border and it's done - Picture soon

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

I finally found my "ugly".  I am having major techinical issues tonight and can't post the picture of it but now that I have the fabric, I will have no problems getting the quilt done.

The clerk at the store asked what I was thinking purchasing this fabric.  I told her about the challenge and she told me this more than qualified as ugly.  That was great affirmation for me because I was not completely sold on this being ugly.

Hope to have something to post tomorrow.

Happy Ugly quilting ladies.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:46 PM

sandy, can you friend me your address, so i can refund you for shipping? 

gini in north idaho

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use