Post your 2015 UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 97 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420
Pat Lancaster Posted: Thu, Jan 8 2015 10:39 AM

Ok ladies, start your machines! A UFO (UnFinished Object) is any project you haven't touched in a year. Post a picture if you can so we can see where you are in the process. We will do our best to cheer you on to completion.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

I am at work so will try to copy the pic of the MQ UFO that I am working on. Not much of a techie so we will see if it works. I sandwiched it a couple of days ago and it is laying on my machine waiting patiently. I will at the very least change the thread on my machine so I am ready to quilt. I am still a little iffy on the quilting design.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,713
Points 138,920

Terrific, Pat, thanks. I'm definitely joining this group. That's 12 months, no touchy feely, right? I hope I remember which ones are 12 months and older. Some I know for certain. I'll take a picture this evening or tomorrow and post.

Have you posted an invite in the general quilt making area? Bet there are some quilters who have recently joined QCA that would be interested. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,713
Points 138,920

Oh, a question.  Do we list all that we hope to complete this year? With photos of all of them?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 831
Points 14,190
Pat A replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:03 PM

I'd like to participate in this group but I'm wondering about the rules.  I read in Pages the rules for the 2014 challenges and the requirement that sending the quilt to a LAQ does not count.  Since I do not do any quilting except for small projects, I won't have any UFO's that would count in the finish lineup.  Quite honestly I sort of believe that a finish is a finish however you achieve it.  I have many UFO's that I would hope to get finished this year.  I have several that I have not worked on since April or May of 2014.  The UFO's I am working on presently (just since 1/1/2015) LUS blocks, Dear Jane, a blue/white star quilt, several small baby quilts, 1 Christmas wall hanging and 1 Halloween wall hanging.  Should I post pictures of these UFO's?

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Judy you can do whatever you like. I post one at a time because I don't want to drag everything out for photos only to have to put them away again. If you count it as a UFO that is fine, there are no quilt police who will be checking up on you. IMHO this group is to encourage us to get some of these old projects finished. It is so easy to jump on the bandwagon for a MQ or Round Robin or something and to lose momentum once the top is done. I then feel guilty about all of them. So, relax and enjoy finishing up some projects!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Pat A. I just started moderating this group today. I haven't had time to look at the rules. First of all this is not a contest. Patti, the former moderator, offered prizes for the person who finished the most UFOs. We aren't doing that this year. This year your "prize" is one less UFO. If you send all your things to a LAer that is fine. There is no pressure to finish the most, be the best or anything like that. We are here to encourage one another, have a good time and finish some of those projects hiding around our homes. Post pics of whatever you are going to be working on, as I told Judy, the quilt police won't be visiting you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,713
Points 138,920

Pat Lancaster:
I post one at a time because I don't want to drag everything out for photos only to have to put them away again.

OK, here's the first one I'm going to finish. Something simple, but that I've put off for some reason. A wall hanging that will go up on the wall in my "woman cave". Just needs a bit more embroidery and then finish it up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:44 PM

Pat I love your MQ 9 so bright and cheery just what I need right now. I have several that I want to finish but I'm starting with my "bag quilt" which has been a flimsy (quilt top) for over four years. I was waiting for inspiration to strike for adding borders but I've decided that that's just not going to happen. Here it is:

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 831
Points 14,190
Pat A replied on Fri, Jan 9 2015 9:46 AM

Pat  - no rules is good for me.  encourage and cheering on is what I relate to.  That said, here is my blue/white star quilt which I need to add a final row and then borders.  I'm thinking I want to make a pieced border row so that is why the quilt is not done - procrastination is my middle name, especially when I don't know what I am doing. 

Pat thanks for restarting  up this group!.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Judy, that is so cute! Whine, I want one! Lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Kris, I hope you are feeling better and were able to get your quilt on the frame.  I think it will look good without a border.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Pat A. We have enough stress in our lives, let's not make more in this group with a lot of rules. I like your quilt and look forward to seeing your progress.

I started quilting mine last night but I am going slow, slow, slow. Will be gone all day today and tomorrow so that won't help but at least when I walk by the sewing room I can see it on the machine and know I am progressing. I will be using my iPad for a couple of weeks so please excuse typos. The print is tiny even after having cataracts removed. My sight is greatly improved but my eyes are still 63 and there is a limit to what the doctor can do to fix that 😀 happy stitching everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 11 2015 9:05 PM

I've begun quilting on mine as well Pat. I've finished one bobbin and decided to stop there for the night. I think I should be done this week if I do a little each day. I have an appointment at the VA tomorrow before work so won't get any done but Tuesday on looks good.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Good going Kris! Slow progress is still progress!

Page 1 of 7 (98 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use