Post your April UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti Posted: Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:09 PM

Since I will be working less this month, I think I am going to get my old fussy cut, before one block wonders (cut each piece separately) and work on it.  It would be wonderful to finish the top this month.  I know I have a picture somewhere.  Probably back with last year's challenge.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:44 PM

Hi Patti,

This won't be a completion of a UFO, more of a badly needed start. I used to participate in the Mystery Quilt Weekend at Glad Creations quilt shop in Minneapolis. The last weekend I participated in, somewhere around 1989, the quilt was Farmer's Daughter, a wonderful scrap quilt. I decided to make a bed size instead of a lap quilt. I got it as far as the design wall, but all the lattice strips were not completed. So, I have decided this is the perfect quilt for my sister, it meets all her requirements. The fabrics are mostly  Hoffman and cost a fortune. So, my April challenge is to get this quilt back on the design wall, replace the missing pieces, and figure out the rest of the lattice strips. This poor quilt was still on the design wall when I got a divorce and moved, I did not get to pack it, but thankfully, my daughter mostly followed my directions and placed each UO in it's own plastic storage box. I was lucky enough to even find the instructions. Posted is a picture as it stands right now. I did go through and organize all the pieces into like piles. Maybe my May challenge will be to piece the quilt top.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:19 PM

Star, that looks complicated but sure will be beautiful when done. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:21 PM

Found a photo of the blocks on the design wall.  More has been done, but still a long ways to go.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:00 PM

Patti:

Found a photo of the blocks on the design wall.  More has been done, but still a long ways to go.

Patty, how pretty. It looks like a kalidascope. Looking forward to seeing the top finished.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:04 AM

My project this month will be MQ3...maybe. I'll be hitting the books this month in preparation for my final exam so we'll see. I'll take a current photo later.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:16 AM

My April UFO will be the same as my March UFO which I never even attempted to complete.  Work, work, work all month long....  I hope this month will be different.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,010
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:29 AM

These projects look like a lot of fun.  

I hit a slump in March, so I didn't do hardly anything on my project, which appears maybe my only UFO of the year but I'm determine to complete it if I don't complete another one.     So I am so working on my daughter's Grandma's Flower garden.

In my defense I did take 14 students to a state level competition last month and 7 of them earned the right to go to Nationals in July.  

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:24 AM

On a roll this week, must be the beautiful spring weather and blue bonnets that cause me to get more done? Finished a Chalkboard material, hanging project for Granddaughter. I should have gotten more of this chalkboard fabric as I haven't seen it here in San Antonio.  Asked at my Quilt store yesterday and she said she was going to make it as a project for upcoming class and buy a bolt. What do you think? The green under it is a quilt, but it was easy to lay the hanging on this. I did a bit of embroidery on the bottom, granddaughter's name and used up some ribbons for hanging it.  I'll do some more quilting on the next one when I can find this material.  Would be great in a kitchen for menu planning (smaller version) or sewing room to keep track of projects. Granddaughter is home-schooled and is going to use it to keep her daily subjects on. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:54 AM

Nice Michelle, when did you first start it and how large is it? 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 4:51 PM

It's been so quiet on this thread. Busy working on your UFO's, or distracted by spring?

Here's my UFO for April, birthday blocks From Feb 2012. I need to make 2 blocks for a 4X5 layout. These blocks are not all 12 1/2", they are between 12 and 13", so hopefully adding a border to each block will help even them out without it being too noticeable. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:46 PM

Jacy:
It's been so quiet on this thread. Busy working on your UFO's, or distracted by spring?

Neither. After my back went out I haven't done much in the sewing room. I've done some hand work but can't handle anything major. All progress halted this month.

Jacy:
Here's my UFO for April, birthday blocks From Feb 2012.

I like your blocks.

I have some b'day blocks stashed away as well. I hoped to pull them out for next month but not so sure now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:50 AM

Kris, I'm sorry you haven't been able to do much sewing, I hope your back is co-operating better now.

I think these birthday blocks became a ufo because I didn't like the way I was setting them together. I got a new idea and I liked it much better and it didn't take too long to make it a completed top, 73x88".

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 4:27 PM

Jacy:
these birthday blocks

Looking good as always Jacy. Really love the setting you've decided on.

I've been a slug again this month....too many gardens to revive and weed.  What I love about UFO's is they are patient....waiting their turn.....hoping to make it to the top of the pile. If I only had more hours and energy in a day.........

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:50 AM

Jacy, great setting for your blocks. That is so creative. 

I did not get as far as I wanted on my April UFO, too many distractions. I did get a new design wall made and my blocks sorted and in place. I'm still working on the sashing and starts. So, for May my goal is sashing and stars. It wouldn't be so tough if this was not such a scrappy quilt. No two of the same fabrics are supposed to touching.  Which is a lot of planning for me.  And it's spring with all the yard work, and I'm still in physical therapy through May, and I do have a date here and there. Lots of excuses..... Oh, I forgot the other ten projects I am working on too.  Lol... 

Ill try to post photo of UFO in progress. 

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use