Comments, suggestions on 2013 UFO Challenge

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti Posted: Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:07 AM

I want to do something quite different this year.  I propose that every month, (12 months), we have a raffle for those who have completed a quilt top, or have completed a quilt.  Maximum, one entry per person per month.  And the minimum size being a twin size quilt or the equivalent.   I will get the minimum dimensions later.  An additional raffle would be held at 6 months and 1 year for those who had completed something for every month.  The monthly raffle prizes would be a dozen fat quarters.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:09 AM

Patti I like it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:08 AM

Patti:
I want to do something quite different this year.  I propose that every month, (12 months), we have a raffle for those who have completed a quilt top, or have completed a quilt.  Maximum, one entry per person per month.  And the minimum size being a twin size quilt or the equivalent. 

Patti, that sounds good. The only thing I would maybe change is the size, alot of  my Ufo's would be smaller than twin. What about a minimum size of 48 x60" (lap size),

or what does everyone else think, what size are are your UFO's?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Jacy:

Patti, that sounds good. The only thing I would maybe change is the size, alot of  my Ufo's would be smaller than twin. What about a minimum size of 48 x60" (lap size),

or what does everyone else think, what size are are your UFO's?

Patti, I really like how you are setting it up. Very simple and clean. I would agree with Jacy to make the minimum size 48 x 60 instead of twin.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:55 PM

I like that idea. But donations each month will be to much for me to handle I have a limited budget and limited stash as it is. If its only one donation for whole year I can do that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:16 PM

I like it too Patti and agree with Jacy and Judy on the size.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:57 AM

OK, 48 by 60 minimum size, or equivalent in combined projects, such as place mats, wall hangings, etc.

We have a lot of generous people, including some offers of other prizes.  Fat quarters can be sent to me, charm packs or collections of fabrics can be sent to me, or for those donations that would be large enough to be the prize for the month by themselves can be saved and sent to the winner directly when the time comes.   PM me with offers and what you want to do, or if you just want to send something ask for my address.   I will announce at least every 3 months if more is needed, or will announce at any time if the donations exceed the need and need to stop coming.

I think we will have enough so that even if someone is truly unable to contribute, their name can still be entered in the raffle.  I would like to limit it to one prize per participant for the year, with the exception of the special 6 month, and 12 month prizes.   For example, the winner of month 3 will still be eligible for the 6th month, if they have completed a project every month for the 6 months.  The 6 and 12 month prizes, (in June, for those who have completed a project of minimum size or equivalent for each month, and in December have completed 12) will be bigger or more special than the monthly prizes.

Please don't post and list all your UFOs, or the before pictures sooner than the month you plan to enter them.  Doesn't mean you can't change your mind in the middle of the month.  When people were posting everything in the beginning, it became very time consuming to track or go back and search for the 'before' picture.

I will be announcing here in the group, and in the general forums the complete rules and explanations after Christmas.  Probably here first in case any of you still might have suggestions.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:49 AM

I like your idea of taking a picture of the UFO we are planning to work on that month.  I have at least five or six so far...I lost count.  Now I am curious would the craftsy block of the month count since we started in January?  Just so I can figure out what counts and what doesn't.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use