How are the UFOs going?

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti Posted: Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:35 AM

It has been a long time since there has been much activity here.  But although we don't have a challenge or contest going currently, many of us continue to work on UFOs.  I am doing a bargello quilt now, as a wedding gift that I started many years ago, and put away.  When my brother-in-law announced he would be getting married, I knew this would be the perfect gift.  Now I have a deadliine, Sept 1.  I will post my progress in the media section.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,406
Points 40,100
Mimi replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:04 AM

Patti:
many of us continue to work on UFOs.

Thanks for posting, Patti.  I too have been working on my UFO's.  Except for MQ6, I only took UFO's to the Smoky Mountain retreat.  I will post the tops as I can.  After Hershey this weekend, I'm going to sandwich and quilt many tops that are patiently waiting. Hoping to get them to their owners in the fall. Thanks for the incentive to keep plugging away at the pile.  LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:28 AM

I've been working on UFO's too. I have a goal of working on 1 each month, at least getting it to a quilt top. It's been working well for me. 

Unfortunately I'm still adding ones to my list, MQ6, Nana's June scrappy, etc!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,872
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 2:57 PM

MQ3 is still on my sewing machine table. I think I quilt one block every two weeks or so. It's rather frustrating. MQ1 is next in the line up. Like Jacy, I'm adding to my pile with new projects.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Wed, Jul 25 2012 8:21 AM

I am quilting a UFO that has been haning around for 11 years. I should be done with it very soon.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:12 AM

Cool. I got stuck and then had roommates move in who keep using my table and I keep getting sidetracked plus busy with working lots 51 hrs this week. Hope to get to work some this coming week. I will probably be cutting the fabric for the replacement square(s) for the one I was working on earlier.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:16 AM

I have been sidetracked with sharing my space. So now this week  hope to get to cutting the replacement squares which are not of the exact same fabric. So work and roommates have kept me out of my room I am hoping to get back to it this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 8:37 AM

I am slowly getting my UFO's out of the way.  This year at least I have finished as many UFOs as I have started new projects.   Unfortunately, some of those new projects become UFOs so that pile still continues to grow.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:55 AM

I thought I'd better join this group, since I just finished another quilt top and put it on my pile. Now I have 7 sitting there. I even have  backing for 2 of them, and batting, I think.  The last 2 I finished I pieced the batting, trying to keep the costs down, and they were fine.  I just ordered a new book, so maybe I'll get some ideas on how to quilt them. I think that's whats holding me up.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 11:26 AM

Ginny L:
I thought I'd better join this group, since I just finished another quilt top and put it on my pile. Now I have 7 sitting there.

Ginny you're doing pretty good only having 7 quilt tops, I have 20 something. I haven't counted in a while, maybe 30 now. They often come in handy as quick gifts, the majority of the work is done and when an occasion arrises all you have to do is quilt and bind them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:07 PM

My bargello UFO is almost done.  Quilting the borders now.   Since my pfaff was replaced some time ago, quilting has become fun.  I don't dread it like I used to, and find it goes more quickly now as well.  Nothing fancy, but at least I know I can get some things quilted.  I can think of 3 others just waiting to be quilted.  I would be nice to get those off my shelf.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,872
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:35 AM

Very pretty Ginny.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 10:00 AM

In the process of packing and moving again but occasionally I have been adding more UFO"S instead of finishing them lol. Plus I have found my block of month for the applique bird quilt roflmao. And other BOM. But I am still trying to finish off my bfs quilt from last year and my friend's also from last year. I got all the way down to the last two blocks on the quilt from the challenge and then ran out of fabric. I might just substitute I think I lost the other blocks even though they were all cut out but that one is packed away now. I will update after the move in mid october when I have unpacked the quilting room and supplies.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 1,190
Bianca replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:31 PM

I am getting dizzy just thinking about all of my UFO's. I must be a starter, but sadly, not a finisher. I am dedicated to finish my Patriotic quilt. I started it in Spring of 2010, then I had it in the church for the ladies to help me quilt it. But we could not finish because they really needed the frame for a wedding quilt. So I have the last border to finish. I am about 3/4 done with the border, and then I have to bind it. It does not sound bad anymore, and I plan to have this quilt finished before the month is up.

I also have another hand quilting project in the works for about 5 years now. I just lost interesst on it. I have about 5 tops that need machine quilted, and 4 partially finished tops that need assembled. Most of these quilts also need pillow covers. As I said, it makes me dizzy just thinking about it. On the other hand, I have no problems thinking about all the quilts I want to make. I am really eyeing a scrappy pattern to get rid of my stash. But first things first, I have to finish a few of these quilts first.

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 7 (101 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use