Place for totals only no chatting here :) lol sorry.

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey Posted: Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:09 PM

This is Patti a new place for her to post tallies each week so we don't have to go scrolling through thousands of posts to see the totals for each week :)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:43 PM

Saturday March 17 tally.

Nana: 300

Darlene: 185

Gini: 160 plus whatever the size of jungle quilt top

Jacy: 170

Robin: 80

Mimi: 70

Thea: 40

Pat: 25

Angele: 20

Marilyn B 20

Carey: 10

Karla, is there a size for your quilt?

Wendy, is there a before picture?  I think I have seen one somewhere.

Well, unless we tie Nana's hands behind her, looks like she will probably get 1st place.  Gini, I know you have some big ones out there, almost done.  Several actually.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 28,750
Wendy replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:03 PM

Patti:
Wendy, is there a before picture?  I think I have seen one somewhere.

No Patti there isn't. I have had it on my hand held frame for the last 4 years. 

I didn't know we were doing this until I was binding it two weeks ago.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:30 PM

March 25 tally

Looks like Nana, Gini, Jacy and Darlene are far ahead of the rest of us.   Gini, I need to add in your jungle top, but I don't know the size.  This week I doubled the points for the appliqued tops done by Gini, and Jacy.

Nana: 300

Gini: 200 + ? depending on size of jungle top.

Jacy: 220

Darlene: 185

Robin: 80

Mimi: 70

Thea: 40

Marge P: 30

Pat: 25

Angele: 20

Marilyn B 20

Carey: 10

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 10:54 PM

Nana comes in first.  She was way ahead, and then completed another big top.

Then I am confused.  It looked like Gini and Jacy were close enough in points that I needed to go back and add them up.  And now I think I may have made some earlier mistakes in the tally.   So, Gini and Jacy look at the lists below and see if I counted everything correctly.  Sometimes I got confused between completed tops and completed quilts.

Gini:

#4 Buggy barn top completed: 40

#5 stitching post baby quilt.  Was the top already done and then you quilted it and just needed to do the binding?  Did you ever get the binding done?  0 points if the top was already done, 0 points for quilting but not binding it.  

#6 a tisket a tasket.  40 for completing the top with applique, 20 for completing the quilt for total of 60

#7 completing Wendy's headboard: 20

#8 completed it's a jungle top: 20

#9 tropical fish, completed appliqued top: 40 points.

Total: 180?

Jacy:

#1 completed butterfly top and quilt: 40

#2 snowmen: completed top: 40 (appliqued)

#3 Farmer's wife, completed top:50

#4 Animal scrappy, completed top and quilt: 60

#5 Completed Shamrock quilt (top already done): 20.

Total: 210?

the next closest in points would be Mimi for a total of 140 points. 

If I am right, then first place goes to Nana, second to Jacy and third to Gini. 

Let me know if I have made a mistake.  I also need to know your choice of quilt/fabric store for the gift certificate prizes.  $50 first place, $30 second and $20 third. 

Thanks to everyone, this has been a very successful challenge with well over 50 tops and quilts completed.  Wow.  I even got some done, and have made good progress on a couple more.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 12:34 AM

Patti

I would like to have my gift certificate for www.quiltfabriccloseouts.com      This has been a great challenge this year.  Everyone got so many projects completed.  I think I am down to only 3 ufos....need to start working on that problem they are going to be lonely...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 1:33 AM

the stitching post baby quilt was already made, i quilted it and it is bound.  it's finished, did i not post the final picture?    let's just keep the places where they are.   i would like my gift certificate at bear paw quilting in  coeur d'alene.  thank you so much patti, for hosting this and doing all the work.  you rock,  girl.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:57 AM

Patti, the points on mine look correct. It seemed like Gini accomplished more that me though, all that applique she did.

For the gift cert, that's hard to decide. I think I'll go with keepsake quilting.

Thank you Patti for doing all this.  These UFO's I finished only made a small dent in my UFO pile, but it's got me thinking about others I want to finish. Thank You!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.