2012 UFO challenge comments here!

rated by 0 users
This post has 186 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti Posted: Sun, Jan 1 2012 10:53 AM

Thought I would start a new discussion page for comments about the UFO challenge.  I am really looking forward to using this group to help me with my new year's resolution of completing projects. Looking forward to seeing what everyone completes!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 11:06 AM

I started the year off right.  I got a UFO done but it was a scrub for DH that has been sitting for a year.  I will post pics when I get DH to stand still long enough to take one.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:54 PM

Have a few from 6 months ago or longer in different forms of being completed at the time but have not touched yet. So when do we start posting pictures, patterns, or what not. What if it is a unique design you created on eq7 or 6 do those work through posting on here too? Lots of questions looking for answers. Today is Sunday and have to inventory my UFO's. I even have block of months and table runner quilts patterns with no start on them lol.  Patti can you post the rules and how we will post the info as we find our UFO's and patterns on here please.

Thanks,

Carey

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 6:22 PM

I have a hand pieced tumbling blocks quilt I started about 20 years ago.  I would love and welcome the incentive to finally get this completed.

I would also love so advice from you all about how to finish the edges.  I have no idea what I was thinking when I started this, and have no idea where I got the pattern from.

Where can  I post pictures???

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 6:39 PM

Annie:
a hand pieced tumbling blocks quilt

I have a tumbling blocks baby quilt I started before my daughter was out of high school.  Not as long ago as 20 years but I guess I should finish it.  Can't wait to see yours.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 2,115
Leah replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 7:27 PM

posted my top UFO projects I would like to finish.  I am ready! 

Leah

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 8:05 PM

Annie

Post your pics in the media section of the group.  Go back to the "home" page for the group and in the right upper corner you will see media listed.  Click on media.  Click upload in right upper page.   Type in the name of the project then click url/file in the top line.  Click browse , find your pic, double click, now click save.   After the pic is saved the box goes away.   Now click post at the bottom of the page.    Sounds alot harder than it really is...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 8:41 PM

Annie:
I would also love so advice from you all about how to finish the edges.

If you go to Google and type in tumbling block quilt and then click on images you can see how others have finished theirs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 9:35 PM

I'm feeling so great right now.  I have to go to work tomorrow and am trying hard to not think about that. I have completed the 25 eight and a half inch squares for my WIP #1 today.  I have also squared them up.  All I have to do is sew them together, put on the borders and I'll be finished with the top.  Why I didn't do this before I don't know but Patti thanks so much for running this challenge.  I'm feeling very empowered.  I am quilter.  Hear me roar!  LOL  Time for this sewer to go to bed.  Good night and happy new year to all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 10:19 PM

Carey:
Patti can you post the rules

click on "pages" and see the rules under 2012 UFO Challenge.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:17 AM

We have a wonderful collection of UFOs.  This is going to be a great challenge.  For those of you who have posted uncut fabrics, remember there needs to be a pattern to go with them to count as a UFO for the contest and get points.  It can be a purchased pattern, or one you have already made up.  But of course the end product doesn't have to look exactly like the pattern, as so many of us like to personalize our quilts by adding our own touch with the borders or how we put the blocks together. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:31 AM

I just re-read the "rules." I have one project that qualifies and I really badly want it done in 2012 so this should give me my incentive. Later in the day I will post it to media. There are still missing holes in the thought process but those will come to me as I am working on it.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
I have a question? I already have a pic in media of my Baltimore Album Quilt. It is all together but must be quilted and bound. It definitely is an UFO for me so my question - Does it qualify? LOL, if it doesn't then I have lots more! ROTFLMBO...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:21 PM

Yes MoomMist, it does qualify.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Oh goody... I'm working on it today. It is snowing like the dickens out there and I'm stay nice and warm nursing a minor head cold. xoxoxo

• Filed under: |
Page 1 of 13 (187 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use