rated by 0 users
This post has 51 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:53 AM

gini:

stippling will look good.   you might think of doing a little something in the wings, too   gini

I make myself be brave and try something just for you! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Somehow I keep missing the UFO threads.

Marie~you snuck in all these quilt tops. They are both beautiful. On the QFK's I'd do grid lines "'X" through the whole quilt. Start in one corner and just keep going down and then turn the quilt and make the other side of the X. That's usually what I do and then I know that it can be washed a lot and the quilting is about 4" apart everywhere. On the borders I usually do a loop of some kind or a decorative meandering shape.

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:20 AM

Marie, your quilts look great.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:20 AM

Jacy, I love your butterfly quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 125
Judy replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 9:59 AM

Jacy,

Your butterfly quilt is so unique - it looks great! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:56 AM

Thanks for all your nice comments on my UFO's  and your suggestions on how to quilt the DQK's.  

I've been missing in action since Tuesday and need to do some catch up but not sure I'm up to 3 days and hundreds of posts later.  I've had the gastro intestinal flu since Wednesday and boy it left me so weak it's a chore to press the keys on my keyboard.  I guess it's true in reverse "the younger you are the harder you fall"!  Never experienced anything like it in my lifetime, thought my toes might come out through my mouth!  Whew!  Sorry to be so graphic!  The sad thing about it is I had to cancel the big Italian feast I promised the ECB's!  That's ok because we have been in touch to try to plan another day in February.  I'm going to post in a more read thread like WHUBUT? where most of you post.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:13 PM

Thanks Judy and Leslie for your comments. I'm hoping to get the blocks all joined today so I can move on to the borders. I'm trying to not get sidetracked till I'm done!

Page 4 of 4 (52 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.