easy to duplicate and send out.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:55 PM

I think free patterns is a good idea Patti.   

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I have a real good idea. You could have a group of expert quilter volunteers and we get to choose which one we get to take home and keep forever. Any volunteers, Helly, Nana, Gini, Patti, Thea, Edith, Kris, Pat, Chockake ....and also my DH is an excellent chef so you will be fed good. Sewing rooms, boats, sports cars, cats, dogs, horses....all welcome at my house.

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:38 PM

Diane,

be careful what you wish for. LOL.

I'm not an expert quilter though. I've been doing this a long time but I still have far to go.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 5:12 PM

diane,   you don't know what you're asking,  sam is getting  tired of waiting on me, and i am getting pretty used to it.   i might need to jump ship here.  you say your hubby is a good cook?   hmmm, now where is it you live?       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I live in Massachusetts on the east coast side north of Boston. My husband already takes care of me so what's one more? This is how I got into trouble and now have 4 cats. Please, just one more? Or we could have you all rotate around the country and Canada, too and stay with us for a month and then move on to the next person. Of course, this would all be in the goodness of your hearts but you would get free room and board and a list of chores to do. How good are you at litter boxes?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I have a category that we could vote on. One of my UFO's is the ugliest thing I have ever done. When I go to start it again, I'll post a pic because I need some seriously help with this one. I don't know where my head was when I added a border but it must have been one of my drug induced days. All wrong and it'll be frogging for me but I'll need some advice. So we could have an ugly category! I've got one.

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sun, May 2 2010 9:28 PM

Patti --a new UFO challenge sounds like a good idea, but if I had to take time to count, list, take pictures, etc etc, I certainly wouldn't get any of them done any time soon!!  I don't call my projects UFOs, actually.  I just have lots of WIPs so I always have something to work on, no matter how much time I have, or how I feel.  I work on something every day or two or three things - like today, I sewed bindings on two that just came back from the LAQ; then I made labels and sewed them on two baby quilts that I need to mail off tomorrow.  Tonight, if I don't stay on here too long, I'll do some hand quilting - I always keep one in the frame for TV time.  I have two other (besides the MQ2 that we just finished here) mystery quilts in the works, and have a panel pinned up on the display board to see if it talks to me and tells me what other fabrics will go with the design I have in mind.  I'm lucky to have lots of time to sew or quilt as much as I want to most days (we all have a few things that have to interrupt, right, like laundry & run the vacuum and cook meals!)  But quilting is lots more important than housework, don't we all agree on that?!?  So, may I join your UFO challenge?  Thanks - Carol L

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

I've always thought that a project is not a UFO until you start to cut the fabric.  That makes my UFO pile more manageable.  If I had to include those projects that I've bought ingredients for but haven't started, I think I'd have to shoot myself!

I need some serious motivation, so I'm awfully glad I joined this group.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, May 7 2010 8:24 AM

Carol:
a new UFO challenge sounds like a good idea, but if I had to take time to count, list, take pictures, etc etc, I certainly wouldn't get any of them done any time soon!!

The good thing about the challenge, is only a photo of the completed UFO is needed. 

I will be putting out the rules for the next challenge soon, for suggestions.  It will have a lot of similarities to the first challenge, but some different ways of adding points.  And the prizes will probably be different too. The challenge will probably run for 3 months again, June-August.

And I like the idea that someone had for taking an ugly UFO and completing it, hopefully into something beautiful.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 1,200
Nancy625 replied on Mon, May 10 2010 7:44 PM

Looking forward to the challenge.  I retired in Jan and have been hoping to get some UFOs done.  Instead I got a house ready to sell, sold a house,  found a new place bought a house, and moved.  So now I should be able to quilt.  Since I retired I finished a quilt, three aphans, and a counted cross stich project.

I just joined the group and I'm looking forward to the challenge.  Nancy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Mon, May 10 2010 9:09 PM

hi nancy and welcome. whew, you've been busy.   this is a great group.   i hope you enjoy your time here.  igni

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Tue, May 11 2010 10:56 AM

Welcome to the group Nancy and HAPPY RETIREMENT!!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

gini:

hi nancy and welcome. whew, you've been busy.   this is a great group.   i hope you enjoy your time here.  igni

Hi Igni,

Welcome to the group! Did you know that your avatar looks an awful lot like Gini's?

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Tue, May 11 2010 7:16 PM

: )  i only use that signature when i want to be incognito.   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use