How many completed quilt tops among your UFOs?

rated by 0 users
This post has 116 Replies | 18 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 340

Hello, Kathleen.  Would love to see a picture of your daughter and son in law's quilt when you finish it.  Does your reference to quilt frames mean that you hand quilt?  Most of my quilts get done by machine either by me or a long arm quilter.  I do have some hand quilted quilts including one UFO - a bunk bed quilt that was begun about 20 years ago.  The bunk beds have since moved on to a new owner and the daughters are grown.  I got bogged down because of the difficulty in seeing and marking on the little calico prints - I was a newbie to quilting.  Don't give up on your UFOs and keep us informed on your progress.

Nancy in Montgomery AL

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I hadn't looked in the gallery lately....there's a lot of quilts in there! And they are beautiful. Isn't quilting the best thing ever?

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:58 PM

hi kathleen, welcome   giini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Wed, Jul 21 2010 2:22 PM

i have finished three quilts in the last few weeks.  i didn't take before pics, they're buried somewhere in my blog.  i will get after pics sometme next week   in the meantime, nana has coersed us into two scrappy quilts, i have started another for wil and i am almost finished with a wall quilt, that i shouldn't have worked on, but there you go    gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:05 AM

my next ufo being quilted   gini

these were panels that i couldn't resist.   gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:44 AM

Very cute Gini. I like these.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:36 AM

i'm going to try real hard to get it quilted today,  it is just get so distracted by all the fabric on the shelves and before i know it i have half of them pulled out, planning another quilt      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:47 AM

Gini

Your Christmas quilt is very pretty.  It will be beautiful once it is finished.  I do believe you may be the UFO Queen....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:48 AM

gini:
nana has coersed us into two scrappy quilts

Gee I don't remember using coersion.   Maybe I am just forgetful....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:01 PM

Nana:
I do believe you may be the UFO Queen....

oh my   queen?   do i get a crown?   :  )   

and thanks for the comment on the quilt  it was a set of panels i couldn't resist, now where have i heard that before?       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:33 PM

gini:
  oh my   queen?   do i get a crown?   :  )   

Gini, that is going to be a nice quilt. I have seen some of your UFO's and many of them are so close to being done. I have collected far too many, some tops done, couple part quilted, but even more just started. I just want to get some done! I may finally have some time again in October, but then I will be catching up with the MQ3!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:26 PM

thanks patti,  i wanted to get it quilted today, but i had to pick up wil's quilt from the quilter.  she did a wonderful job.   she put alittle surprise on it for him.  it has a panel of the galaxy and she quilted a belt buckle on the asteroid belt.   wil is going to be tickled.  so, i had to interrupt my quilting to get his quilt and put the binding on it..  but i have it about 1/3 finished and it is sooooooo cute.  i am patting myself on the back here.   it is the first time i have stitched in the  ditch free hand  and outlined free hand.  it isn't perfect, but it is acceptible. i may get good at this yet    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 8 of 8 (117 items) «Prev45678
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.