How many completed quilt tops among your UFOs?

rated by 0 users
This post has 116 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Mon, May 10 2010 6:02 PM

I have one more corner to turn then my ugly fabric quilt is done.....HURRAY

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Mon, May 10 2010 7:38 PM

Marilyn B:
I have one more corner to turn then my ugly fabric quilt is done.....HURRAY

clap, clap, clap........    gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 1,200
Nancy625 replied on Mon, May 10 2010 7:51 PM

I have one completed quilt top amoung my UFOs.  I quilt as you go or a block or section at a time so, I don't have many unquilted tops in my colection of UFO.  My mother had 25 quilt tops when we cleaned her house up.  My sisters and I occasionally finish one for a family occasion.  My nephew married recently and I tied a top for that.  Her top would never have laid flat enough to quilt. 

My oldest UFO quilt is 16 years old, but I have a counted cross stitch project that is 24 years old.  I quit working on it when I moved.  I may finish it this year for my niece. 

Nancy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Diane Morgan:
You could always make toss pillows, placemats or table runners.

OR I could just make more of each block out of my scraps and make a quilt top, huh?  Such a novel idea!  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Tue, May 11 2010 10:55 AM

Marilyn B.....oh, if only I could find the corner to turn ROTFL !!!!! :O)   Way to go!!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, May 11 2010 1:57 PM

Jean:

Marilyn B.....oh, if only I could find the corner to turn ROTFL !!!!! :O)   Way to go!!

LOL I found the corner, turned it and found I still had almost all the way to the first corner to go.  Tonight for sure it will be done.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Thu, May 20 2010 10:02 PM

this is one ufo, i will try to finish.    i put a dark blue octogon in the center, after many interviews.   it's actually prettier than this picture, the colors are more vibrant,  anyway.   the blocks are 15 inches and the sashes are, 4 inches.    i think i am making a 6 inch border with applique, but can't figure out what to do there.   i am going to do stylized flowers in the corners. but am stalled from there.  i need to  quit hemming and hawing, and make a decision.   gini  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Thu, May 20 2010 10:08 PM

this is the lone star i pieced in a week by hand.   it is 68 inches from point to point.   i put the corner squares in and 8 or ten inch borders, and now i think i need to take them off and applique something in the corners?   i may just take the borders off and add a thin inner border with all the colors in it.   what to do?   i need to get off the bench and decide. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, May 21 2010 8:05 AM

Gini

Maybe you should do just a vine with all those neat leaves in the borders and then your stylized flowers in the corners.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, May 21 2010 8:08 AM

Gini

I think the Lone Star would be pretty if you cut your border in half and added a small border in that deep rich blue and then another black border.  Maybe bind in blue as well.  I think it would make the star pop even more.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 365
Wismom replied on Fri, May 21 2010 5:53 PM

Eek! We have to count them? I think 5. Maybe 6. Good gravy, no, I seem to have more than that. I have one on a design wall that I have had there for better than a month now. Trying to determine what I am going to do with these four little areas that just are not speaking to me. Then I have a "better get my butt in gear" wallhanging to take with us to TX in two weeks that I am making for my Daughter's inlaws. Thank heavens it is small. The others are ok on the back burner for now but these two are definitely a concern. Needless to say I am thankful that I have a sewing machine and don't have to do these by hand stitching or they'll never get done! lol

Wismom

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,472
Points 46,470

My name is Pat and I have UFOs. . . . . . .

I have been quilting for less than 2 years so I can't compete with a lot of you. However, I have more UFOs than I want. Unfortunately, I think I need personal visits from someone to shame me into getting into gear. LOL. I listed some when this first came up, then reorganized my sewing room and found more. I only have 1 completed top, MQ1. I have just started quilting MQ2 so it will have to wait till that is done. It is next on the list. I procrastinated on it cuz I was afraid of it. It is the biggest quilt I ever made (till MQ2) and I still don't know what pattern to quilt. I also need that personal visitor to make me stop starting new projects till I finish up some of these UFOs. If QCA would stop coming up with such neat group projects it would help me a lot! ROFLOL

Now that I have reorganized I have all of my fabric on open shelves where I can see it, no longer in plastic bins buried in the closet. AND the UFOs have their own shelf so it is more difficult to avoid them.

I found 2 Strip Club projects that I never touched after bringing them home. They were beyond my abilities at the time, but I will get them out and look them over again. I also have a disappearing 9 patch in need of borders. I have a Jo Morton project that is still beyond my abilities so it will have to remain a UFO for a while.

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, May 23 2010 10:29 AM

Pat Lancaster:
My name is Pat and I have UFOs. . . . . . .

You crack me up Pat.  You have reached step 2.  1 is getting here and 2 is getting organized and finding your projects.  We are waiting for step 3....

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,400
Points 361,107
Kris replied on Sun, May 23 2010 2:23 PM

Pat Lancaster:
I also need that personal visitor to make me stop starting new projects till I finish up some of these UFOs. If QCA would stop coming up with such neat group projects it would help me a lot! ROFLOL

LOL. Good luck with that Pat.

There are so many great projects out there so many interesting techniques to learn that I haven't found an effective way to keep myself from starting something new. Just keep working on them and don't let guilt get to you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 340

Hi, Pat.  You are in good company.  I've been quilting for about 21 years and have so many UFO's it isn't funny.  Even though I  do finish a lot of projects so many many more have been put up in the closet and into bins.  If I could stay home without interruption (i.e. no work,  no chores, no cooking, no internet, no shopping....) for about two months then maybe I could put a dent in the UFO pile.  My favorite part of quilting is the planning and then the piecing or appliquing, and the actual quilting often gets put off.  I machine quilt mostly and even though I like to hand quilt somehow I never get to that.  If you are unsure about how to proceed with a pattern just ask the group - quilters are always eager to help.  BTW, what is the Jo Morton project you have planned???  I love her stuff.   Nancy P

Page 6 of 8 (117 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use