How many completed quilt tops among your UFOs?

rated by 0 users
This post has 116 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

So pretty Kris, I love the blues, I am sure she will love it.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, May 2 2010 3:09 PM

Jean:
Kris, Love the quilt and also the quilting (bit around the flowers in the border is a nice touch).  Do you have a longarm or did you do this on your domestic machine?

Jean,

I have a Babylock QCP on a frame. This was the second quilt I quilted on the frame. The quilting is all free motion. The flowers in the border are not my doing. The fabric looks like that. I put leaves in the border (experimenting with different designs). I didn't know about turning the quilt at that time so I improvised the best I could. I think that's why I never finished it. The border quilting is not great.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, May 2 2010 4:47 PM

Kris:
OK, after much procrastination here is the first quilt I'm going to finish

Beautiful Kris.  I love the colours.  Great quilting too.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, May 2 2010 5:12 PM

This is my next UFO to tackle.  I made the blocks in about 2000-2002 and I know I had the quilt body put together before we moved from Toronto to Calgary almost 5 years ago.  I have the borders prepared, the sides sewn on and the top and bottom ready to attach.  I just have to decide how to turn the corner.  I hope it comes to light once I have added the square of white to the border.  Then it will likely hang in the 'waiting to be quilted closet' with all the others.  When I figure it out I will post another photo.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Ah, Kris I am a Babylock girl myself. I have the Ellegante embroidery and quilting machine but I keep thinking about the Quest or the Quilter Pro's. Not that I need it, I just want it! Your quilt is gorgeous.

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kathy D:

This is my next UFO to tackle.  I made the blocks in about 2000-2002 and I know I had the quilt body put together before we moved from Toronto to Calgary almost 5 years ago.

Oh, Kathy, this is right up my alley. Love the colors and the design. Nice, nice.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Are you all sitting down? I almost outdid myself today. I finished the pocket pouches (almost), I stash shopped and got my colors picked for the BOM and I started an UFO. Drum roll, please. I should have taken a before pic. This was a sandwiched quilt that I did 4 years ago, love it and just stuck it in the pile and it lived there for 4 years.  So I have started quilting it. It'll be mostly stitch in the ditch b/c it's a square in a frame. You'll have to wait now for finished pics but I started one!!!!!!!!!! Do ya get a prize for at least starting one?????????? o:}

North of Boston MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 9,969
Jean replied on Sun, May 2 2010 8:06 PM

Kathy D   Wow looks like that was  alot of tedious work!  Beautiful and even more so I'm sure when it is finished.  Have fun with those corners ;)

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 65
Evelyn replied on Sun, May 2 2010 8:34 PM

I hate to admit how many UFP's I have.  My quilt guild is doing a challenge to see how many UFO's we could complete this year.  Started in Sept and ends with our June meeting.  I will have completed  at least 12 which isn't putting a dent in my UFO's.  I can stipple and meander pretty well but when I see what others do I wish I could do that.  Of course, that takes practice when you are using your regular sewing machine.  I admit that I have a longarm quilter do my big one.  She does beautiful work but it is all mine then is it?  Oh well, they will only get done if I send the big ones out. 
We hae a quilt show Oct 2011.  I need to complete at least 5 quilts.  Yes I have the patterns and most of the fabrics but one of them is for our bed and I have been working on that for at least 3 years--maybe it's 4.

Evelyn

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, May 2 2010 9:49 PM

Jean -- My sentiments exactly!!  I'd have to take a couple days off just to count the tops, and think the time is better spent in just working on something every day.  Really, it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't walk into my "walk in closet" in the sewing room!  The new fabrics from a shopping trip with two quilting friends last week was the last straw, I guess. But there is also a really big stack of finished quilts - to be entered in this year's fair, so some things do get done after all. When I saw your post, I thought "I resemble that remark!"  Carol  L

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Mon, May 3 2010 1:05 AM

Diane Morgan:
Your quilt is gorgeous.

Thanks Diane. I like it but just can't seem to make myself finish it. I pulled it out this evening then worked on something else instead.

Diane Morgan:
Ah, Kris I am a Babylock girl myself. I have the Ellegante embroidery and quilting machine but I keep thinking about the Quest or the Quilter Pro's.

I'd never used a Babylock until I got my frame. The machine came with it as a package deal. I've only used it for quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Mon, May 3 2010 1:06 AM

Kathy,

that quilt is gorgeous. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Mon, May 3 2010 9:50 AM

Kris:
Thanks Diane. I like it but just can't seem to make myself finish it. I pulled it out this evening then worked on something else instead.

Kris - as Nike say "Just do it"  Think of the satisfaction when you have it finished.  Plus you will be able to brag left, right and centre here.

I got the borders on my Celtic quilt last night and I am now juggling bits of paper trying to figure out how to turn the corner.  It will come - like Christmas is.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Mon, May 3 2010 11:28 AM

Kris your quilt is beautiful.

Kathy I love the celtic quilt.  Can't wait to see it finished.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 30
Denise replied on Mon, May 3 2010 1:37 PM

Patti,

I have about 30 UFOs in all shapes and sizes.  There are actually 10 completed tops in the group.  I love piecing the quilts, but I'm still a newbie with FM quilting, so I seem to finish the tops and then delay the quilting.  Trying to motivate myself to finish a few of them so I can make room for more.

Denise

Page 4 of 8 (117 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use