Post and discuss your 2014 UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 3,535
Pat replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 4:06 PM

The weather doesn't help - temps here have been in the 90's and up to the low 100's (right now it's 30C - which is about 90F) It's too warm to quilt with those temps.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

I guess no one is doing much with UFOs right now. Gotta agree that the heat isn't helping. It is in the 90s most days here, when I leave work I just abut melt getting in my car. Even though my house is nice and cool with the ac running it is still hard to think "quilt". It is easier to do piecing in this weather than quilting. Of course if I do piecing I will just have another UFO, haha. I was able to get a little over half of the binding sewn down on my baby quilt. My fingers got rather sore. I did put a narrow border of the dark floral fabric on my disappearing 9 patch so I know my machine still works, LOL. I put it on my design wall with some fabric I was auditioning, when I got home from church it was gone, It fell behind my sewing machine so now it is laying across the ironing board. So, I touched it today and thought about what I am going to do with it. Now I just have to convince myself that I made some progress! Unfortunately, Pat's Ginger and my Squeaky are making me think "NAP".  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

Here are your blurry photos for the day, taken with my phone. I finished my disappearing 9 patch. I made a block from the scraps and used that along with a couple of orphan blocks for the back. I also finished a baby quilt for a granddaughter expected in October. The baby quilt is from Easy Quilts, Summer 2009. I've just been holding on to it, waiting for a little girl to come along.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

I wasn't kidding about blurry, it is not your eyes! LOL, don't know what happened to the back of the 9 patch, it is also turned sideways. Oh well, fortunately the quilts look better than the photos. I really need to get another camera, just hot much of a photographer so really need a PHD one.

I am working on a Patchabilities BOM from, 2012 I think, Applique is not my favorite so I am really dragging my feet on them. In the next couple of days I will decide on my next UFO to work on. This is my year for UFOs and I think I have now completed 4 or 5, I have amazed myself!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 20 2014 10:36 AM

WTG Pat. I like your quilts. Love the orphan blocks on the back. You're doing such a great job with your UFOs. Thanks for posting them here. I need the reminder.

I'm almost done with Loyal Union Sampler and hope to tackle some UFOs of my own. Two of them I need to decide on borders or no borders. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

Thanks Kris. My main quilting resolution for 2014 was to finish some of my UFOs. That said, I am also trying to use my stash as much as I can. The addition of orphan blocks really extends my backing fabric. I like the back as much as the front on the 9 patch. I would love to get a lot more UFOs finished but I have been really sluggish lately. I was almost finished with the bunny quilt for some weeks. I finally measured and I only had 4.5" to finish it  sewing the binding down so I finally just took the 5 minutes needed and finished. LOL, rather lame I know. I am really lacking motivation lately, perhaps because it is so hot. 

Your LUS is beautiful. With your longarm you should get it quilted quickly! You want it done by October so get hopping!

This is my next UFO to tackle. It was one of the Mystery Quilts, I think it was called Bittersweet, but am not sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 20 2014 11:02 PM

Pat I really like your MQ. I think it was number 5. The same one I finished a few months back.

I have trouble staying motivated as well. I'm really surprised I stuck with LUS. I think it was the fabric that made it fun to do even when the blocks got tedious. Thanks for the compliment on that BTW.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

I have a hard time keeping all the MQs straight. If I finished them on time and labeled them I would know, roflol. Probably not gonna happen. Haven't decided on the next one yet, will wait on the fabric requirements to decide.

The Farmer's Wife is on my UFO list. I found it somewhat tedious. Part of the problem is deciding the fabric for each block. If I had started with large pieces of fabric I think it would have been easier. If I live long enough I'll git 'er done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:33 PM

I've got the Farmer's Wife as a UFO as well. My tiny 3 inch blocks. Not sure I'll make them all. I'm thinking a medallion style with some appliqué in the centre.

I have a Bonnie Hunter top (Easy Street MQ) that needs quilting. Think it will be next after quilting LUS.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

Kris:
I've got the Farmer's Wife as a UFO as well. My tiny 3 inch blocks.

Kris, I can't imagine 3" blocks unless they were just plain squares, lol. I would never finish that one, but I have confidence in you.

I am almost finished with MQ 5. I planned to finish it yesterday but ended up visiting friends for Labor Day. It will be several more days now since I will be back to work today. I decided on my next UFO and have it up on my design wall trying to decide on quilting.I took a class in 2011 with Anita Solomon Grossman and made her Arrowhead quilt. It is not speaking to me yet, probably ticked about being left in the closet for 3 years, LOL. As usual taken with my phone so it's blurry.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:33 AM

Kris and Pat, you go gals!  Getting those UFO's done must feel very rewarding, wish I could feel that.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

Marie:
wish I could feel that.

Marie, just pick out one of your UFOs. See if you have one that crosshatching would look good on. That way you won't feel a need to practice free motion first. Get out that top and get it sandwiched, Then decide how much time you will give it per day. Set you kitchen timer for maybe 30 minutes. Work on it at least that long. If you feel like continuing that's great, if not, just stop until tomorrow. Tomorrow set you timer again and work on that quilt. If you spend 30 minutes a day on the quilt it will get done! Once you get going on it you might not want to stop. This group is looking like the Kris and Pat show and we could use a new face here so why don't you join us? LOL!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:12 PM

It's a good thought, Pat, I'll have to think about it.  Right now I have 2 more rows to add to my floral fabric top and maybe I'll just do that.  I've been working slowly but surely on it so it should be done by weeks end.  Thanks for the invitation.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 47,580

Good for you Marie, work on your floral. When you get the top finished, keep working on it and get it done. Save that pretty thing from the UFO pile! roflol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Pat Lancaster:

Marie:
wish I could feel that.

.... group is looking like the Kris and Pat show and we could use a new face here so why don't you join us? LOL!

I am working on an UFO just never thought to post here. I should have it finished this weekend. I'll post a photo. I have two other UFO layered and ready to quilt. Just kind of pushed them aside for more exciting projects. :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 11 of 15 (220 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use