Post and discuss your 2014 UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 220 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 3,535
Pat replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 9:55 PM

Best wishes on your cataract, surgery, Pat. I've had a number of friends that have had it done, and they're amazed at how well they can see afterwards.

Kris, your wall hanging looks great, even before you "frogged" it.

I'm working on a 104" x 104" pieced quilt. I've got it to the point that it's basted, and I'm trying to quilt it, but I have an Issue/helper.

DH just laughs and says "we might see it on the bed by Christmas"

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,735

Pat, love your cute little helper.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 5:53 PM

Pat:
Kris, your wall hanging looks great, even before you "frogged" it.

Thanks Pat. I didn't undo it. I decided to simply continue...someday.

Pat:

I'm working on a 104" x 104" pieced quilt. I've got it to the point that it's basted, and I'm trying to quilt it, but I have an Issue/helper.

DH just laughs and says "we might see it on the bed by Christmas"

Too cute. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

Thanks for the well wishes Pat. I won't be having the cataracts removed anytime soon. I have found out my insurance will pay 100% as soon as I meet my $6300 deductible. I sincerely hope I don't meet it, but that means I have to come up with the money on my own.

Today is my day of frustration. I have misplaced the fabric I was using for the EQ sew along so I did some quilting on my June Scrappy. I am now frogging all of the quilting. Something went wrong with the last bobbin I wound and when I checked the back of the quilt I wanted to toss it. I had hoped to finish it last month and it isn't looking too good for this month. Sigh. Actually, if that is my biggest problem today then I am in good shape. Rip-it, rip-it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 3:51 PM

Pat sorry about the ripping. At least you have the right attitude for it.

I've been attempting to knit in lieu of sewing. I've started over a few times.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

My sewing room has not been a happy place lately, all I have been doing is frogging. Yuck! I decided today to just fold up my June Scrappy and let it rest for a bit. I went back to a small quilt that I had already frogged. I took a class a while ago on pieced borders. I started with an orphan block and added a row of blocks, small border, another row of blocks and a larger border. It was fun and I was amazed that I could make a quilt that way. I took this little quilt to the LQS to use for a lesson on the longarm. Their machine kept having mechanical difficulties and I ended up with a partially quilted top with a lot of messes that the LQS employee had made. So, I frogged and frogged and never went back for another lesson  Anyway, today I sandwiched it, quilted it it and got the binding on. It is not my best work, but it is not my fault, my supervisor fell asleep as you can see. one less UFO, Yea! Finally some progress.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 3:14 PM

WTG Pat. I love that quilt. Good idea to give the other quilt a rest. Poor supervisor (Neko right?) is worn out.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

Someone on here has a cat named Neko, just not me. Squeaky is my companion. She somehow squeezed up on the fabric and then couldn't really move so I removed some of the fabric so she could get comfortable. LOL, a girl's got to get her beauty sleep.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:30 PM

That's right. My apologies to Squeaky (love that name).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 4:14 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Anyway, today I sandwiched it, quilted it it and got the binding on. It is not my best work, but it is not my fault, my supervisor fell asleep as you can see.

Pat, hope your supervisor isn't getting paid for the day.  Your quilt is very pretty and your quilting looks just fine to me.  May I send you a few of my UFO's?  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

Marie:
Pat, hope your supervisor isn't getting paid for the day.

Of course she's not getting paid. She's sleeping on my good fabric, has gourmet food in her bowl and does as she pleases. What does she need money for? roflol She more than earns her keep cuz she is a great little companion. I don't mind her "sleeping on the job" unless it happens to be on the quilt I am trying to work on. She's only 6 pounds, but she sure make the quilt hard to move!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

I'm back. I've been in a major slump as far as quilting goes. I found out that my next grandchild is going to be a girl so I am glad I started with a girly quilt, but it is going very slowly. I have two triangles left to quilt so you would think I could get it done, but. . . The grass has been taking a lot of my free time, when I am through in the yard I don't feel like quilting. As soon as I get off here I plan to finish quilting and get the binding on. I am sitting with an elderly neighbor this afternoon so hope to get the binding sewn down. I am not ready to go back to my June Scrappy so dug out a little Disappearing 9 patch I started years ago. It is about 30 x 30 so I want to make it a little bigger and get it knocked out. I'm hoping that since it is a small one that I can get my inspiration back and be able to mark another one off my UFO list. There hasn't been much action here so I guess I am not the only one lacking UFO motivation, perhaps today is the day I get turned around. Photo taken with my phone so rather blurry.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:01 AM

Pat Lancaster:
I'm back. I've been in a major slump as far as quilting goes

I hate to say "misery loves company" but I've been in a major slump as well, Pat.  Too much going on in my life right now, some good, some not so good, just have to adjust to new happenings.  I've been to hell and back in my past so I'm sure I'll get through this spell also.  Not spending much time at home these days, trying to keep myself busy, it helps.  Enough of my whining now.  I love your disappearing nine patch, pretty colors.  Hope you get the binding on while sitting with your elderly neighbor.  Your an angel on earth to be sitting with her, God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 12:42 AM

Pat I haven't focusing on UFOs lately. Trying to get LUS top completed. Hopefully it won't become a UFO as well.

I like your disappearing nine-patch. I hope you find some inspiration soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 3,535
Pat replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 4:04 PM

Oh, Pat, can I ever relate to having a "supervisor" laying on my quilt when I'm trying to quilt it. Now my other helper (Ginger) has decided my UFO is a great place to sleep as well. The main supervisor (Kashie) has decided my wool batting is a comfy place to snooze....

Page 10 of 15 (221 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use