Post and discuss your 2014 UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 186 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 9:06 PM

Thank you, Kris. She's such a sweet cat. She was an SPCA rescue, and very loving. She does not like letting me out of her site.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 7:12 AM

Nice helper Pat!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Haven't been on lately cuz I have been having log in troubles. But I have been working on my BOM and am expecting to get it finished before the end of the month. I try to tell myself about the tortoise winning the race but so far I am not convinced, lol.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 4,645

Put the final border on a large throw that has been "in the works" (a nicer way of saying it has been put aside waaaay too many times) for too long. Now need to piece the backing, cut the loose threads, and get it off to the longarmer before it gets set aside again! I'm determined to get this done; started it about 1-1/2 yrs ago. The friend to whom it goes keeps putting off her retirement, so I also kept putting off getting it done. Have firmly instructed myself that I cannot even peek into my "future projects" bin until this is out of the house!  lol.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Well, I finished my 2010 BOM! I finished it about 1/2 hour ago so I had plenty of time to finish during the UFO Challenge, roflol! I am excited to get this done even though it took me forever. I had hoped to finish it for the last challenge but just couldn't do it. I do not have enough floor or wall space to display it very well. I took a couple of pics with my camera only to discover that the removable disc has been removed (probably by me and I forgot). Not to be deterred, I grabbed my phone. The photo is kind of blurry, but I am just like the new mama who thinks her baby is the prettiest ever. So here is my 2010 BOM

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 6:10 PM

WTG Pat! You deserve a prize just for finishing this. I think only one or two other people from that group actually finished it.

I still haven't made the binding for my project.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 8:23 PM

Awesome!!!! Way to go, Pat!!! You did a great job!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 8:40 PM

Well, my helper and I got my quilt finished. It is a Debbie Mumm pattern - "Hearts Content" (This has been in the UFO pile for at least 10 years (top finished before I met DH, which was 9 1/2 years ago) I wanted to test a new sewing machine before starting to quilt my King size quilt that is basted and ready to go (and has been for 2 years :(  )

This is totally machine pieced and quilted, and measures 60" x 42"

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Thanks Kris. This was my first king size and it was a bear. I don't know how Nana makes all her "tents". I think the reason I don't like binding is that it is at the end of the project and it's all that is between me and completion. And that final step seems to take forever! LOL, how pitiful, but at least this one is crossed of the UFO list. Only a zillion to go.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Thanks, Pat. Congratulations on your finish as well. Now that you have tested that machine we will be looking for another finished project soon. I am looking at my next one. Just have to clean up my sewing room first so I can mess it up again.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:54 AM

Pat:
Well, my helper and I got my quilt finished. It is a Debbie Mumm pattern - "Hearts Content"

You did a great job. Beautiful quilt. Congrats on the finish.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Thought I'd add another Pat to this bunch.

To both Pat and Pat Lancaster -- Well Done.

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

I decided my next UFO to go on the machine is my "Bag" quilt. Nana moderated this for those of us who were control freaks. LOL, can you believe she would call us that? I laugh now because this is all neutrals and I can't imagine why it was so hard for me. I have gone on to do other scrappies and survived. So the plan is to at least get this sandwiched tomorrow and hopefully quilted in the next week. Will try to get a pic tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:13 AM

Pat, I was looking at my bag quilt yesterday thinking I should really finish it. I stopped because I couldn't decide whether or not to add borders. It's on a hanger near my sewing area and, surprisingly, I still have the fabrics I planned on using.

I, too, can't believe how anxious I was with this scrappy project. I'm much better at giving up some control. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:21 PM

Kris:
I was looking at my bag quilt yesterday

Kris, remember you helped me put together fabrics for this quilt, I love it but it's also one of my UFO"s.  What's up on my design wall for the third time is the block exchange from 2011.  There's no hope for me, I love making the blocks and the tops but I hate finishing.  I don't even mind sewing the binding on, it's the layering and especially the quilting that holds me up.  It costs too much to send it out to the long-armer and I'm doing nothing about learning how to do the quilting myself.  I miss Barbara's tutes in the FNMFMquilters thread.  Wish someone on site would take it over for her until she gets well enough to return.  Any suggestions from anyone?  HELP!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 13 (187 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use