Post and discuss your 2014 UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 157 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 3:48 PM

Thanks Patti.  She had her surgery this morning and came through it well.  My DD spoke with her after intensive care and she's fine.  God is good!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 11:05 AM

It's done...this is thee 3rd quilt finished this year, but the first one that actually counts as a UFO.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Points 4,525

Hi Karla, This quilt is really nice.. you did a beautiful job. I like the colors you chose.. it would be wonderful for a guy.! I'm just happy to be able to reply today. I have been unable to log in for the past two days.. could get in infrequently, but only as a guest. As soon as I tried to log in, it all went to heck in a handbasket. Go figure. But today, seems maybe better...? I'm trying to not even breathe for a few minutes until I get this comment on your quilt sent! lol.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 6:26 AM

This may not count as UFO but it is done,  my MQ7, got back from being hand-quilted and sat down and made my  binding, sewed it on and then hand sewed it down.  

and 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 6:28 AM

Best thing is it is all scraps I had, even the backing and the binding.  All from my stash.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Karla, I really like your quilt, very pretty!

Debbie, way to go using up your stash, now you must go shopping!

I am making slow but steady progress on my BOM. Since I can't get on QCA most of the time I just sew, LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 5:51 PM

Well I've been MIA. Mainly because I haven't been working on UFOs. I was looking for my DJ quilt top (still can't find the darn thing) and found MQ 5. It is quilted and just needs a binding. You all know how much I LOVE doing bindings...NOT. I thought I'd work on it today but I spent my time sewing kaleidoscope blocks. Sigh.

Karla I admire your top stash, very organised. I love your birthday block top. It reminded me that I have birthday blocks to sew together as well.

Jacy your drive is amazing. I can't keep myself motivated for very long.

Anyway here's a photo of my quilt awaiting binding:

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,065

Kris, your MQ5 is just so beautiful. I love the border.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 9:58 PM

Thanks Judy.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Kris, your top is very pretty and sooooo close to being finished. Keep trying, I know you can do it. If there were just not so many temptations, new pattern, new fabric, new contest, etc. . . . 

LOL, this is from someone who hasn't finished the UFO I was planning to finish in December. I did work on it yesterday. I put the final row of blocks on it and quilted one side. I wil NEVER do another QAYG! The theory is  great but the reality for me is way too much tugging, pulling, etc trying to get everything smooth to add the next section. And I didn't do very good at it either. No one is allowed to look at the back, LOL.  I don't think it made it any easier to quilt. Anyway, my new goal is to finish it this week. At least to the bindng. I don't know how long it will take to hand sew the binding, I might try to do it by machine. I don't usually mind doing binding but everything about this has been a bear so not sure how that will go.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 3:35 PM

Thanks Pat.

I'm doing QAYG on my Loyal Union Sampler. I have one section quilted but haven't added the new sections yet. It's my first time with this method.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:53 PM

Kris, and Karla, your quilts are beautiful!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 11:46 PM

Thanks Patti.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:05 PM

Kris, Karla, and Debbie - your quilts are awesome!

Kris, keep thinking like the little engine that could with the binding, and you will overcome:)This is one I found - it's about 15 years old, and I'm trying to get it quilted. As you can see, I have a helper.....Trust me, it's interesting trying to move the quilt with 10 lbs of cat on it LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:09 PM

LOL Pat. What a beautiful helper you have there.

I still haven't made my binding but I have fabric picked out...progress. LOL

Page 4 of 11 (158 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use