Post your November UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti Posted: Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:36 PM

What with my father in law's wedding coming up, I am busy with that quilt and probably won't get to a UFO until next month. 

Just think of all those UFOs that could become Christmas presents!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

I just read through all the posts for this year. Unfortunately many of the completed quilts are among my UFOs, LOL. I am trying to complete the Craftsy 2012 BOM this month. I have it half quilted.  I am not posting a pic because 1. I haven't done anything with the group this entire year and 2. I am too lazy. I had to totally empty my sewing room twice in the past year so I found lots of UFOs. I have written them on a dry erase board and am crossing them off as I finish them. I am trying to not start anything new, but haven't been entirely successful with that plan. I congratulate each of you for the progress you have made this year.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:38 PM

I have a few candidates for this month but I'm trying to be realistic about which I'll complete in time.

Patti I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:54 PM

I don't even think i'll get anywhere near a UFO till the new year, although i would like to quilt my farmer's wife quilt so i could put it on the bed when my parents come to visit. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 2:27 PM

I have one that I'm more than hoping to finish for this month. It's a bargello quilt, 65" x 70". It's from a bargello class I took 5 years ago, and I figured it would be a perfect baby gift as it is a heart. Now to get it quilted and delivered...

Good luck with your Dad's quilt, Patti

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

I just had 2 days vacation which I spent waiting for a fridge to be delivered. So, I had plenty of time to work on my Craftsy 2012 BOM and I finished it. Yea! I am not in the competition, but will try to get a pic later, probably tomorrow. It is dark and dreary here today so not good for pics.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Here is my Craftsy 2012 BOM all done.  It is on my bed with a quilt under it. The blue strip and diamonds are on the underneath quilt. Some of the blocks and techniques I will never use again, but it was a good learning experience. Leah Day did a Craftsy class showing how to quilt it and again some of the techniques I liked and some not so much. In general Leah quilts much heavier than I like. This results in a stiffer quilt. Overall it was a good learning experience and I like the quilt. I didn't follow the group rules so again, this is not in the running for a prize, just proud that I actually finished something, LOL.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 12:52 PM

It's lovely Pat. Kudos on getting it completed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Thanks Kris. I think I might finish another one this month. I started a holiday quilt last year and had all of the blocks except one finished then for some reason put it away. I don't remember now why. Anyway I finished the last block, sewed them all together, added the inner border and am now working on prairie points. I've never done those before. I already learned not to do them when I am tired. I pressed a bunch of them into little squares before I realized they were supposed to be triangles. LOL, I am now re-pressing them all. Nine days left in the month so it is a possibility. I'd like to finish it before next Friday as that is when Bonnie Hunter gives her first clue for her new Mystery Quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 8:18 PM

You go Pat. I'm looking forward to your next finish.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 5:12 PM

Great quilt, Pat! Congratulations on finishing it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 5:21 PM

Got this one done after a major sports weekend ( watched sports, I sewed!)  This was a quilt classthat I took at least 5 years ago. The pattern was designed by the gal that gave the class, Gwen Ledyard. It's being given as a baby quilt to good friends. The size is about 65" x 65", and very heavily machine quilted using Leah Day's heart pattern

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Pat, your quilt is gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Well I ran into a snag with my holiday quilt. My machine didn't like my thread and started skipping stitches, snagging just being ugly. I finally gave up and ordered some new thread and started frogging. I may or may not get it finished for Christmas. I have a project for my 2yo dgd which has priority over everything else so I might save it for next Christmas. LOL, that has never happened before I'm sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 11:38 AM

Pat I love your Bargello heart. Nice work.

I never did get to my November UFO. 

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use