Post your July UFOs here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti Posted: Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:33 PM

Well, I am half way done with the quilting for June's UFO.  This week I need to finish the Roman Shades.  2 weeks and FIL will be here.  He, would wonder why only one of the front living room windows has a shade. 

So maybe I will get 2 UFOs done this month?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 975
NinaK replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 8:54 AM

I finished the Chicks and Pinwheels quilt on the morning of July 3 and gave to the newest gg nephew on the evening of July 3.  He must have liked it because he fell sound asleep and slept for four hours while the rest of us "partied" around him.  This is the only picture I have of this finished quilt, so had to use it for this posting.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,318
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 2:00 PM

Nina K, what a sweet baby!  His quilt is beautiful, he must've liked it if he slept that long and through all that partying.  Love how you quilted it!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 2:08 PM

Nina, that is a perfect picture of the quilt. 

Don't forget to pm me your address.  You won last month's raffle.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 3:38 PM

Nina, your quilt is adorable, as is that sweet baby.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

What a great way to remember a quilt.   Love your picture.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Hey Patti  ---- After the blackberry pickin"  you can work on the roman shades.   Priorities you know.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:41 AM

Black berry picking is done.  Back home to the news that FIL who arrives tomorrow with his now fiance.  They will be getting married in November.  So looks like I will be working on a wedding quilt.  Maybe the Out of Darkness UFO will make a good quilt.  Otherwise, I may be starting something new.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Congratulations, Patti!  You don't sounds particularly overjoyed.  Do you approve?  Everything OK?

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:05 PM

I have thought it over and I am really glad for my father-in-law.   He was very loyal and dedicated to his first wife, but she struggled with mental illness most of her life.   Now it appears he has met a wonderful woman who can give him the kind of companionship his first wife was unable to.  I think they will be very happy.  My DH is glad for his father as well, but his sisters aren't taking it too well. 

My late mother-in-law was great as a mother-in-law and grandparent, although she was still delusional at times, but harmless delusions in the past several years.  But her children went through some very difficult years, particularly when their father was away, sometimes for several months doing research for his employers. 

I am really looking forward to meeting her.   I have been envisioning our time together.  The more I plan on making  them a quilt, I start envisioning us going to the fabric store together so she can offer suggestions on fabrics and design.   Note I say suggestions, as I will retain veto power.  Tomorrow is the day we meet her!

I am excited!  Now to finish cleaning house.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 12:40 AM

Patti, I hope your visit with your father-in-law and his fiance went well.

I finally got the border on my UFO, I think I've worked on this UFO off and on for 3 months? So here's a completed top 88x88"

Now if I could just keep up the momentum and get it quilted. 

Sorry, it's a little wrinkly. It's spent a lots of time sort of folded/crumpled "waiting" for it's turn!

!

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 975
NinaK replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:25 AM

Jacy - Job well done!  I love this quilt.  I have always been fond of two-color quiltsand yours is a great example of using only two fabrics and getting stunning results. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,942
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 5:53 PM

Jacy:
I finally got the border on my UFO, I think I've worked on this UFO off and on for 3 months? So here's a completed top 88x88"

I just love this Jacy. WTG.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:43 PM

Going through my UFOs I found this that I started about 7 or 8 years ago.  I don't why I put it aside, but I suspect it was because I couldn't decide how to proceed.  It has a title " Southeastern Oklahoma In The Fall".  I have the mountains, the pine, cedar and hard wood trees and now need to progress to open fields or meadows. I have some fabric with deer that would be a good edge of woodland and several more tree blocks but am sort of stuck where to go now.  Suggestions?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:56 PM

Flojo, if you post this in "Did you work on a quilt today" thread, more people will see it and you'll get more feedback.

I don't know if I'm much help, how about some open meadow area with deer or other wildlife in it.

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use