post May UFO's here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti Posted: Fri, May 3 2013 8:48 AM

I think we might have a couple rule changes.  One, if you are the only one to post a completed UFO for the month, you get the prize, even if you won the raffle before.  Also for the 6 and 12 month prizes, if anyone has completed 6 within that time period, even if not one a  month, they go on the list for that raffle.  And if no one does that, at 6 months and 12 months, the one who has the most wins!

I am still hoping to catch up on my UFOs.  I keep getting distracted, but now that I am down to 2 days of work a week, I might actually start completing some.  My goal for the year is still to complete 12.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, May 4 2013 3:08 PM

Patti, I hope you find some time to work on your UFO's. I get distracted way to easily by new projects, I'm really trying to finish more of the ones I've already started. NO NEW PROJECTS for me in May, I've started to many new ones already this year. Now i need to pick a UFO (or 2) for this month and get busy! Hopefully photo's coming shortly.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 3,410
Pat replied on Mon, May 6 2013 9:04 AM

Great ideas for rule changes, I can't even seem to get one done :( Doggone work keeps getting in the way :( I think I need to win the lottery so I don't have to work LOL

However, I did get a top finished for a baby quilt for a friend (unfortunately, it doesn't count as a UFO as I started it in January)

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Hi Girls:

I've been AOL for a few months.  Can't say I've worked on a UFO either. 

I'm just checking in  --  hope to get back to the sewing machine soon.

bye for now

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, May 25 2013 11:44 AM

well I've still been working away at my ufo's.

I started the month by pulling out these old blocks, 20 of them. it seemed like an easy UFO with 20 blocks already made.

i added some sashing, and played around with border ideas. But that meant I would need to make a bunch more QST units

And like always I got sidetracked, somehow I found myself working on a quilt for my DD. I had about 20 6" blocks made previously  and I was having so much fun that I was quickly up to 50 blocks. these blocks were made from her outgrown clothes.

Well my UFO was sitting there on the design wall while i was sidetracked with this other project, making me feel guilty. That was only until I realized this quilt for my DD was a UFO too, I started it over 2 years ago and lately she had been bugging me about it, so I had got it out to look at it. This has been really fun, pulling all her old clothes out of the tub I had stored them in, seeing her remember lots of them. I now have 90 blocks made, I think I will add 1 more row and then cal it good. So hopefully Ii will get this one sewn into a top before the end of this month.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,461
Points 116,610

How fun! Jacy I love your daughters quilt from leftover clothes. How big are the blocks?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,461
Points 116,610

Judy T-Bellingham:

How fun! Jacy I love your daughters quilt from leftover clothes. How big are the blocks?

Never mind, I re-read your post and see they are 6" blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 1:00 PM

Oh my gosh, Jacy, your DD quilt is going to be precious!  I was able to look at it close up and those 6" blocks are so darn cute!  I just can't wait to see it finished.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, May 26 2013 5:57 PM

Jacy,

both your UFOs look good.

I really like your DD's quilt in progress. Nice work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sun, May 26 2013 9:32 PM

Thanks Kris, Marie and Judy. These blocks were fun to work on. I'm not sure why I stalled on this quilt before because I couldn't hardly stop working on them this time. 

I must stop now though because I don't want it to get too big. So now on to sewing blocks together.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 12:17 AM

Some of the sewing is not pretty, but the top is completed. Well it still has a few bows, buttons etc to sew on by hand but i may do that after I quilt it. It ended up about 60 x84". I'll have to try and get a better photo in the daylight.........oops, it posted sideways too, sorry!

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 2:42 PM

Very nice Jacy. I love it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,461
Points 116,610

Jacy, I really really like this quilt and there are memories in every block. Great job. 35 years ago my mom did a similar quilt from my nieces outgrown dresses. It was a tied quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:38 AM

Nice quilt for DD Jacy. Really cute, I'm sure your dd will love it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:39 AM

I didn't get anywhere on my May UFO project. Moving it to June UFO. 

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use