rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Wed, May 1 2013 12:36 PM

Jacy:
I think these birthday blocks became a ufo because I didn't like the way I was setting them together. I got a new idea and I liked it much better and it didn't take too long to make it a completed top, 73x88".

I love it Jacy. The setting showcases each block quite nicely.

I working my way back slowly.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Wed, May 1 2013 12:56 PM

Star, , how did you make your design wall? I'm working on one now and want others opinions on how they like theirs. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Michelle:

Star, , how did you make your design wall? I'm working on one now and want others opinions on how they like theirs.  

Michelle. I simply put corkboard on the wall and a Fons and Porter flannel design wall over it. Plain flannel will do just as well, or a flannel backed table cloth, I just happened to get the F&P with a 50% off coupon. With the soft cork backing, I can easily pin things to the design wall when needed. I found a large roll of cork at a thrift store and used double stick mounting tape. I put hooks at the top to attach the flannel to.

I am thinking of making a tri-fold wall that I can put up as needed as I need a second design wall but no more wall space.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Wed, May 1 2013 3:31 PM

Michelle:

Like Judy said, plain flannel works great. I just bought six yards, cut in half and sewed together, ironed the seam, nailed to the wall. Wish I would have known about the cork board. I see a revision coming once this quilt is off. Also, it's in my bedroom. I only had to move one small bookcase and wall hanging. I have a one level house, so not too bad. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735

That is sort of what I was thinking to do. I have the flannel with a plastic backing. Was thinking to make a pocket in the top and add a thin curtain rod that I can roll it up on? Still envisioning it. Husband is going to put some type of holder on the wall near ceiling so I can hang it but roll when going to retreats. I saw one that just hangs over a door with over the door hooks, like those that hold a wreath. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, May 2 2013 11:06 AM

Michelle, that sounds like a great idea to be able to roll the design wall up and out of the way.

Here is a picture of my April / May / ??? UFO in progress

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:10 PM

So pretty Star.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, May 4 2013 3:03 PM

Star, that is pretty. It looks like you have a lot done already. It looks like you'll be busy making all the sashing pieces, I like the friendship star that form from the sashing/cornerstones. Looking forward to seeing progress soon.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use