Post your January 2013 Challenge before and after photos here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti Posted: Wed, Dec 26 2012 4:59 PM

Please only post one for the month.  If you change your mind, that is OK or if the project doesn't get done and it is carried into the next month or later that is OK.    Posting multiple before photos at the beginning will only make it more difficult for me to track, and if that happens, I may miss putting you in the raffle. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:12 PM

Here is my January UFO.  I made this top during the first ugliest fabric make into a quilt contest.   Now to quilt it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:24 PM

Here is my Januaury 2013 UFO. These two rows have been on and off this design wall for A YEAR!! I will finish this quilt in Jan. 2013.  Well...I ...willl...try!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:27 PM

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:49 PM

Here is my January UFO.  I planned to make this scrap quilt for my son's 21st birthday.  He will be 28 on January 9th.  I guess It's time I finished it for him.  It has 80 different fabrics in it.  The larger pieces of fabric are planned for borders but may change when the main body of the quilt is finished.  Thanks Patti for running this again this year.  Will PM you for your snail mail addie.  I'll send a couple of things for prizes.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 10:32 PM

Here is my quilt I am working on for January it was pieced for last years challenge. SO I hope to get it quilted now for this month we'll see how far I get lol. Carey 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:09 AM

Hello Fellow Quilters,

I have twin granddaughters due this Spring, we are hoping they wait untl sometime in April to make their appearance, so my focus is on baby quilts. I am starting with my UFO's. January UFO's:

I found one crib quilt, that I stopped with a border on only one side. LOL that fabric is long gone. I will get this little quilt sandwiched and quilted.

I also found a wall hanging from the same design, I'll bet they are from the same mid 90's time period. I decided it would be a good time to finish the wall hanging too. The colors are just perfect for my house right now.

Just in case I finish these two projects, I have most of the fabric for a new crib quilt. I will purchase the rest and start the piecing for a log cabin variation crib quilt that my daughter chose.

I know these are small projects, but they need to get done. I will leave the peicing of my third double wedding ring, also started mid 90's for later in the year. I'm working my way up the UFO ladder so I can get as much done this year as possible.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:57 AM

Star:

I know these are small projects, but they need to get done. I will leave the peicing of my third double wedding ring, also started mid 90's for later in the year. I'm working my way up the UFO ladder so I can get as much done this year as possible.

I just read the definitions for the challenge and realize these won't offically count. I still plan to complete them and work my way up my UFO ladder. I have many that will count for later month's. At least ALL of my UFO's were started before 2012, except new baby quilt projects for the twins. Most of my projects are pre 2001 when I had several major life events that put my quilting on hold for over 10 years. So glad to be back quilting, and am looking forward to haveing many of these UFO's finally complete.

I will continue to post before and after pictures of all quilts to help keep me motivated and accountable.

That reminds me, is anyone up for a weight loss challenge too :-D

Happy Quilting!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:33 AM

Opps, mine doesn't count either. We need to learn to READ!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:49 AM

Here is the quilt I will be working on . I'm hoping to make it about 70x80, but since I don't have a pattern, I add as I go.  We'll see. And if by any chance it's finished before the time I have many more to finish..

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:53 AM

Here is my UFO,I started this last year  it is from the shop hop I did in Oct of 2011,I  do have it quilted I just need to add my binding and then sew it down.  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

IIf bindings count here is my first UFO.  It has made the trip to Yuma and back a couple of times.  It's now quilted and just needs the binding.  Who knows where the fabric is???? 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:36 PM

PattyMc, You should have a challenge all your own!! That is a beuatiful quilt. Is it for MOI?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:37 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

PattyMc, You should have a challenge all your own!! That is a beuatiful quilt. Is it for MOI?

Don't anyone say a word. The word should be..BEAUTIFUL!!  I have started typing with Barbara's fingers.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:52 PM

hey I have the patent on that  not willing to share ..LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 6 (80 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use