rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti Posted: Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:18 AM

This is what I suggest:

UFO is defined as not having been touched for at least 6 months (since June 30), OR was started prior to 2012.  For this challenge we will be counting only quilts, wall hangings, table runners and toppers,  or  complete set of  place mats.  At a minimum, the majority of the fabric must have been cut by those dates.

There will be 2 stages of completion.

Stage 1: top is completed, including borders.

Stage 2: project is complete including quilting (or tying) binding and any embellishment..

Minimum size twin or equivalent.  Limit of one entry in raffle for that month. 

Before and after pictures required.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:02 PM

Patti,

I accomplished so much last year with this group and know I will again this coming year.  I was thinking about the limitations on the size of the quilts.  I agree about baby quilts but I have many lap-sized quilts (near 60 x 60) that are not twin sized that need quilting.  Could they also be considered?  Maybe if I did two?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:01 AM

Mimi, the minimum size has been changed to 48 by 60 or combination of projects to meet that size.   So your lap-sized quilts will count.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:04 PM

Patti, does it count if the complete quilt tops just  need  quilting? , Or must it include piecing, not finished to qualify?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:54 PM

completed tops that just need quilting will count.   But if someone else does the quilting rather than the participant, it may not count at all.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

I may have missed this. When will it start? 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:15 PM

January 1.  In time for New Year's resolutions. There will be a bigger announcement in the forums, soon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Patti:

January 1.  In time for New Year's resolutions. There will be a bigger announcement in the forums, soon.

Oh goody. I love things to look forward to. Thanks Patti.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:33 PM

Patti:
minimum size has been changed to 48 by 60

Thanks for the update Patti.  I'm looking forward to working all year on my UFO's.  Of course I expect my ADD for new quilts to set in so I'll keep adding to my pile and have an unending supply. LOL!  I'm still not clear on how many fat quarters or charm packs or whatever you decide to send to you for the prizes.  I know we are all busy so posting the details after Christmas will be great.  Thanks for putting up with all our questions. You're the best.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:50 AM

Hi Patti,

I just read the definitions. My crib quilts and wall hangings won't count, so I won't officially be in the challenge for the month of January. I will just follow along and post my status anyway. I was more looking for the personal challenge to complete any and all of my stockpiled UFO's I have than to actually compete.

I'm looking forward to having fun and getting myself on a schedule to complete these UFO's. I have several that will count that I should be working on later in the year.

Happy quilting!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use