Yes there will be a UFO Challenge for 2013!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:54 AM

Carey:
I liked counting them separately because it gave some people a sense of accomplishment even if it was quilted and some people take their tops to local longarmers so they would not earn points even if their top was done pieced but not quilted by them. It gives a fairness all way around.

Different points were awarded depending on size, if pieced, or appliqued.  And if one did their own quilting, by hand or machine.  So we really did try to be fair.  But this year we will do it differently.  See other discussions for proposed rules and definitions.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:28 AM

Patti,

I would like to participate.  Whatever rules the group comes up with is find with me.  I just like the way it makes me work to get things done.   Thanks for moderating the group.  I'll be happy to throw in some fat quarters for prizes if I need to just let me know.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 10:50 AM

Patti, count me in too...I need the challenge to get some of these things done and out of here...lol!  As I haven't participated before, I am OK with whatever the group decides on rules and prizes.  I will, however, be happy to send a FQ to any winners!

Will the final rules be posted and if so, when?

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Patti:

I'm in! 

My early New Years resolution was to not buy more, but finish more.  I've got some that date back to the 90's.  

Any rules are fine and fat quarters are a great idea.

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Patti, I would like to be included in the challenge this year.

I like the definition of UFO and the rules you have set up.

Counting the days until this begins.

Thank you once again for taking care of this.  What a challenge for you to keep track of everything.

I may have missed it, but how are we getting the info for sending the FQ?  Are we sending you PM for contact info and sending the FQs to you?

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I thought that I only had 3 quilts to finish but the more i got to thinking about it the more I realized I have several UFO. Yes this group has all ready been a good thing. I had some MIA UFO's. lol

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:05 AM

I would really like to participate too PLEASE! I think that incentive of one a month would get me going.  I have some in every stage from still just beautiful fabrics to blocks partially sewn to tops partially put together and finally quilts partially quilted.  That QADD( better known as quilt attention deficit disorder)  is really bad here... And there is no known cure except making and finishing more! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

I'm going to try this again this year.  I still have quilts that I intended to finish during LAST challenge, just sitting there looking forlorn and forgotten.  Hopefully, I can get a few of them to a completed top this year and even one or two to a completed quilt.

I liked the sound of the fat quarter collection, that would be a wonderful prize for the winner to receive. Last year's rules were fine by me and I'm good with any additional/changes y'all have for this year.  Just whatever it takes to get a few of these babies moving forward.

• Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (38 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use