Yes there will be a UFO Challenge for 2013!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Kris:
and she/he gets to choose what type of fabric she/he would like for a FQ

I agree with Kris. While Marie has a good idea,  perhaps we should let it be a surprise for the winners. It would also make it easier for folks.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I don't really care what I send or receive, it's just fun! When do we start posting pix for this?

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:34 AM

I really like some of these suggestions.  Like Jacy's, a raffle type drawing once a month for those who finish a UFO.   One could join the raffle by completing a certain size quilt, or combination of small projects equal to the size of the quilt.  We could limit it so that one could only get one ticket or chance a month, and continue it for as long as there is interest, rather than just the first 3 months of the year.   And maybe to add a little more incentive, have an additional drawing at 6 months and 12 months for anyone who has completed a UFO for every month. 

One of the difficult things for me was coming up with the gift certificates for prizes.  But fat quarters?  Most of us have extra fabric or fat quarters we can contribute.  And I could easily fill in if we didn't get as many contributions as wanted.  

I will review our definition of a UFO, perhaps insisting that some or all of the fabric already be cut, or some part sewn together.  I liked counting tops or quilts completed separately. 

Well, time to get ready for church.  More thoughts later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:14 PM

Patti,

I don't know if this will complicate things too much but how about categories for size (small, med large projects) and technique (appliqué, hand piecing, etc)?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

I would like to participate.  I don't have enough going on or enough sewing time to compete, but I'd love to participate and send a FQ to a winner or a lucky randomly-drawn participant! 

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:52 PM

I'd like to participate as well. I probably won't compete, but will send an FQ to the winner. My plan for 2013 is to get some UFO's done finally, so it will be fun to follow along with everyone else.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:56 PM

Patti I like the idea of size , cause as we all know the bigger the quilt the longer it takes.  Also the monthly idea sounds great. hopefully this will keep it more competitive.  Some of us (not me) have less time to work on things,due to jobs , children , and they should have a chance as well .Maybe a category for those that work outside the home . There are many ideas ,and you will I know come up with a fair and fun  competition for all of us . I also think the FQ should be a surprise as well .it makes it exciting wondering what your prize will be .  IMOO. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:59 PM

OK, I'm in. Just let me know when and how to. LOL I've got a bunch of things started and setting on the shelf.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:15 PM

Am i allowed to come and play with you, even though im in England.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:22 PM

No, Frances, you may not come play with us.  Because we are afraid you would take your toys and go home. AND, WE WANT YOU HERE!!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:25 PM

Barbara:

Patti I like the idea of size , cause as we all know the bigger the quilt the longer it takes.  Also the monthly idea sounds great. hopefully this will keep it more competitive.  Some of us (not me) have less time to work on things,due to jobs , children , and they should have a chance as well .Maybe a category for those that work outside the home . There are many ideas ,and you will I know come up with a fair and fun  competition for all of us . I also think the FQ should be a surprise as well .it makes it exciting wondering what your prize will be .  IMOO. Barbara

I like that idea, too. Oh, wait, we are talking about QUILT size?????  Oh,...... well....... OK.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:07 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

No, Frances, you may not come play with us.  Because we are afraid you would take your toys and go home. AND, WE WANT YOU HERE!!!

Oh go on dont be mean, i wont take any of your toys promise, go on share be a good girl.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps lets be honest as slow as i am its not like i will ever win anything, but i like having the incentive and i love being cheerleader to everyone else.

Already practising my cheerleading WWooohooo Yeah Yeah Woohoo Yeah Yeah. (shame you cant see my pompoms waving)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:45 AM

Frances:

Am i allowed to come and play with you, even though im in England.

lots of love

Francesxx

I'm all for it Frances, wish I could see those pom poms you mentioned.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:42 AM

Bianca - I burst out laughing when I read your quilters ADD. I too suffer from this diagnosis. I have piles of quilts in various stages of completion, but am always finding new patterns or techniques I want to try.

I would like to participate in this group, just not sure about the challenge. My daughter is having twins in the spring and yes, I am already planning the baby quilts, nursery sets, curtains, cute little pink outfits..... the list goes on. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure at least 2 or 3 of my UFO's are pink baby/twin quilts.

I'll be watching for the rules.

Happy Quilting everyone!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:43 PM

I liked counting them separately because it gave some people a sense of accomplishment even if it was quilted and some people take their tops to local longarmers so they would not earn points even if their top was done pieced but not quilted by them. It gives a fairness all way around. hmm donating maybe later. I just need this to get an impetus to work on my projects again. I haven't gotten very far since last challenge lol with two moves and working a ton due to bf not being able to find a steady job until now that he likes and that likes him at the same time.

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use