How are the UFOs going?

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Jacy:  Very nice.  You are amazing.  When I was your age with only four kids, I thought I didn't have time to sew.  I marvel at your very efficient use of time.  

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:54 AM

Jacy,  

great job on your projects.  I love them both.  

GF. Will be continue into March.  Hopefully with my students state competitive events behind me after this week I'll be able to sew a little more.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:50 AM

Debbie:
Found out today my upper back pain is coming from problems from the neck surgery I had, the one where the last disc didn't heal totally.  Physical therapist worked on it today and a little relief. 

Debbie,

I'm glad you found a cause and were able to get some relief. I hope you can get further relief with more treatments. I've added you to my prayer list.

Debbie:
Kris - don't do much hand sewing as hand cramps,

That's too bad. I have carpal tunnel issues so I sometimes start by hand and finish by machine and vice versa. We work with what we've got.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:53 PM

Kris - I've been there.  found out about 8 years ago that was what was causing my neck pain at the time.  Carpal tunnel - it was amazing, as soon as the dr did the surgery on my right hand, my neck pain went away.  I had had several steroid injections with no relief.  I've had surgery in both hands for carpal tunnel. 

Also had my de Quervain nerve (that's the nerve that runs alongside the inner portion of your hand - put your hand out like you are going to shake hands - that spot below your thumb, where the wrist begins - that's where the de Quervain nerve is and it is also a common ailment of repeated motion like carpal tunnel) on both hands done.  surgery is very minor, done while you are awake, they numb that spot and minimal recovery.

then to top it off I had my ulnar nerve, bettew known as the funny bone, on my right elbow transposed.  This nerve runs on the outside of your elbow and it's what we call funny bone, that ain't funny.  The only thing protecting it is your skin and I had hit it enough time to cause pain in my forearm, plus I dropped things easily.  Dr moved it to the inside of my elbow, where all the muscles is at. 

Now, I'm starting to get arthritis in my hands.  all my first knuckle, down by my fingers are starting to swell and my hands cramp easily.  Hubby keeps telling me not to fall apart on him yet, wants me to be around to enjoy retirement with him.  Ain't he sweet?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:18 PM

decided last weekend I was getting this fall quilt done, so now have it altogether, got material for the border and just need to cut and sew two borders on.  Have three weeks, think I'll be able to get it quilted and binding sew on.  Wow, that feels good to have it done.  on to the next one after MQ8 starts. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:56 PM

Debbie,

can't wait to see your finish.

I'm going to get the backing ready for mine this weekend. At least I'm going to try. 

Debbie:
Kris - I've been there.  found out about 8 years ago that was what was causing my neck pain at the time.  Carpal tunnel - it was amazing, as soon as the dr did the surgery on my right hand, my neck pain went away.  I had had several steroid injections with no relief.  I've had surgery in both hands for carpal tunnel. 

I missed this earlier. I've had steroid injections in just about every joint in my body. The only relief I ever felt was in my thumbs and that was short lived. My doctor said the CTS is moderate and thinks PT is still good enough for now.

You've certainly had a more difficult time than I have. I'm glad you are still able to quilt even if not for prolonged periods of time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 3:49 PM

Last weekend was a bust so no progress on this month's project. Hopefully Saturday (National Quilting Day) will be different. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:23 PM

I'm halfway through my quilting. I just might finish by end of month.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:16 PM

Kris:

I'm halfway through my quilting. I just might finish by end of month.

That's great Kris. Mine is sitting where I see it everyday but it's not even loaded on the frame yet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 2:27 AM

I was able to finish my quilting but had no energy for the binding. Maybe later today.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Where did March go?  I haven't touched my UFO. 

I've had a lot of fun with my Grand kids tho.  Going to and watching baseball, sewing with Boise State granddaughter and buying fabrics and planning for Sept Great Grandchild.  Waiting to get deep injections in my lower back.  Maybe, if they ease the back pain, I'll be more motivated.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Page 7 of 7 (101 items) «Prev34567
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use