How are the UFOs going?

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:53 PM

Thanks for the challenge.   I got five flowers attached on one side.  Next is to add the white band on the opposite side.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Patti:
Here we are in the last half of February and I don't know what my UFO will be.

You and me Patti!

Robin:  WTG on your flowers.  Sometimes we just need a push.  I seem to get stymied when I am not confident about the next step, or I've had to frog over and over again.  LOL 

I hope to finish this last promise (who am I kidding) of a wall hanging made with horse show ribbons.  What a challenge.  Then I'll pick something out of my stash, simple and quick.  Probably not a UFO, but a kit I haven't even opened.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:36 AM

I'm halfway through quilting my Feb. UFO. Should be able to finish this weekend.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:13 AM

WTG Kris

Hope you make your deadline.   I hope school is going well for you this semester. 

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:28 PM

Thanks Robin. It's going well. I think Chemistry is a great subject. I ace my exams and labs and reward myself with sewing time and ice cream. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:43 PM

Haven't done a thing on my fall quilt since the last post, a week ago.  My back has been bothering me alot.  Been having problem with my right shoulder blade, if I sit and do anything more than 20 minutes it starts hurting.  went to dr today and I take enough meds for my lower back that there's nothing else to give me.  oh, man, It's starting up again and I only got on the computer at 4:30.  he said its my muscles, very tender, sore to the touch so since I'm going to PT anyway, he'll see if they will add that part of my back to PT.  Once it starts, doesn't leave for awhile and no amount of stretching helps.

Very hard to get comfortable and really limiting my sewing.  begins to get annoying as I have projects I want to do!  Bt what can you do, when you hurt, you hurt.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:23 PM

Debbie:
Haven't done a thing on my fall quilt since the last post, a week ago.  My back has been bothering me alot.  Been having problem with my right shoulder blade, if I sit and do anything more than 20 minutes it starts hurting.

Debbie,

I have the same trouble spot due to scoliosis. My muscles spasm really bad in my upper back. I'm back to wearing a back support and taking muscle relaxers. I'm trying to build up the muscles on the left to help balance. 

Debbie:
Very hard to get comfortable and really limiting my sewing.  begins to get annoying as I have projects I want to do!  Bt what can you do, when you hurt, you hurt.

Do a little each day. I set my timer for about 30 minutes at a time. I do a lot of hand sewing when sitting at the machine gets too uncomfortable. Are you able to do any hand sewing?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:36 PM

I have another week to go and didn't get a chance to get started on my UFO this month.  I had to finish some baby quilts and still need to make a baby girl one for my nephew s soon to be born baby.  I will post my UFO hopefully this weekend and work through March.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:06 PM

My Ufo is going slow too, but I am determined to finish the top by the end of the month. I have a baby shower coming up and I'm going to quilt a UFO quilt top to give as a gift, good reason to have a few UFO's on hand for quick gifts, right? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 5:10 AM

If I am to finish my UFO this month, it will be working on it most of Wednesday.  Then next month the UFO will be the Roman shades. and the new project will be the banjo case for my sister.  April will be my friend's quilt that I started years ago.  And maybe a bag for myself.  I think I like the idea of one UFO and one new project a month. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 4:33 PM

Patti:
I think I like the idea of one UFO and one new project a month. 

So do I Patti.

Good luck with the February finish.

I haven't worked on mine today yet. Actually no sewing today. Hope to remedy that soon.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

I like the idea of one UFO a month.  But February has been full of Promises.  Done with those today.  So for the quilting group tomorrow, I'm going to pull out one of the kits I've never even opened.  Something small, but alas not a UFO.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:21 PM

I've actually completed 2 UFO's this month, but neither of them the one I wanted to get done. I get sidetracked so easily.

Here's the first, it was more than 90% done, just needed a little more quilting and the buttons sewn on. Now it's hanging on my wall.

And the second one was started for my son before he was born, he's 4 now and too grown up for it! I finished the top maybe 2 years ago and it had sat ever since. I had an invitation for a baby shower and decided that quilt has waited long enough! One afternoon I had it quilted and the binding sewn on.

Isn't it silly that we have some projects laying around that don't take all that much effort to finish them. I need to get more of my quilt tops quilted instead of sitting in a tote , no use to anyone.

But first I have 4 days to finish the border on my "chosen" UFO of the month!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 3:36 AM

Jacy:
Here's the first, it was more than 90% done, just needed a little more quilting and the buttons sewn on. Now it's hanging on my wall.

I really like it and your hanger too.

The baby quilt is really cute. I have a top I made when one of our friends' daughter was born she is now three. They didn't know about it so no pressure to finish it.

Jacy:
Isn't it silly that we have some projects laying around that don't take all that much effort to finish them.

I have two quilted and just waiting for binding. A simple step but just never got to it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:24 PM

Do a little each day. I set my timer for about 30 minutes at a time. I do a lot of hand sewing when sitting at the machine gets too uncomfortable. Are you able to do any hand sewing?

Kris - don't do much hand sewing as hand cramps, I did a few of the hexagons, paper pieced.  Found out today my upper back pain is coming from problems from the neck surgery I had, the one where the last disc didn't heal totally.  Physical therapist worked on it today and a little relief. 

If I do any sewing, it is only few minutes at a time, long enough to do a block. get up and iron in between stitches.  Sure would like to feel normal again but don't know if that's going to happen. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Page 6 of 7 (101 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use