How are the UFOs going?

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Marie, the quilt is wonderful and yes, Barbara did a very nice job of quilting it for you. So glad he liked it!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Thanks Kris and Marie!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Maggie:  I agree your blocks are stunning.

Marie:  Love your quilt. The stars really show.  And the quilting is very nice.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Thanks Patti. I'm going to finish this project. I also have a quilt top that I've had done for years. I need a house warming gift so I better finish it. Friends of ours had a house fire and lost all. They bought a new house in FLORIDA and we are going to visit them in a few months. Lots to do.  Lol

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Oops, Patty with a y not i. This electronic device does its own thing sometimes. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Maggie:  Good luck with the house warming Quilt.   And i or y -- I answer.  :)

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 2:19 PM

I've added my photo for my February UFO. I still need to come up with some borders or I might add a couple more rows of blocks. February is a short month so it won't be anything fancy.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 9:07 PM

I got another row done on my fall quilt (one going to be entered in the State Fair) but then got into a side project of the weighed pincushion trash bag someone posted on here.  and then I saw another block with similiar colors I had from my Christmas fabric for the stockings, so started it.  But I will get the fall quilt done before Feb is over.  Now, to just find the time!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,994
Points 64,465
Robin replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:32 AM

I"ve hit a stall with my project.   I just can't seem to find the motivation to work on it.   Maybe it will return by this weekend.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 955
NinaK replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 7:22 AM

Robin -you have hit what I call the "mid-February slump."  I finished piecing the blocks to my Sudoku quilt last week and started piecing the borders - this week I can't seem to get myself into my sewing room, to work on this project or any other project.  I have been feeling an overwhelming need to start a new project, which would only become another UFO.  I can't do that.  I have absolutely promised mysel that the year 2013 would be devoted to finishing as many UFOs as possible.  So, Robin, I challenge you - one on one - let's both get to our sewing rooms today, work on those February UFOs and post our progress within the nect 24 hours.

NinaK

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 7:07 PM

got my blocks squared up but not sewn together on Row 7, only two more rows to go after this one.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's getting brighter. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 7:13 PM

Marie your quilt is beautiful.  And yes Barbara did an amazing job quilting it.

maggie your blocks are  so pretty. There is so much work involved in those blocks, no wonder they are growing on you!

i got the best surprise today! My prize for finishing my January UFO!  Thank you all so much! Those batiks are just perfect for a quilt I have in mind...much later. 

Since the beginning of the month, I have been fighting this cold. So this parcel got here at the perfect time and perked me up immensely. My energy level is still low but tomorrow I will get my UFO picture here as well as all the good things I got. Thanks again to everyone who shared!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,994
Points 64,465
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 6:48 AM

NinaK:

Robin -you have hit what I call the "mid-February slump."  I finished piecing the blocks to my Sudoku quilt last week and started piecing the borders - this week I can't seem to get myself into my sewing room, to work on this project or any other project.  I have been feeling an overwhelming need to start a new project, which would only become another UFO.  I can't do that.  I have absolutely promised mysel that the year 2013 would be devoted to finishing as many UFOs as possible.  So, Robin, I challenge you - one on one - let's both get to our sewing rooms today, work on those February UFOs and post our progress within the nect 24 hours.

NinaK

NinaK,

Thanks for the challenge.   I didn't get it until this morning. 

I will do this I'll will try to work on Grandma's Flowers this weekend and post something Sunday evening. 

Thanks for the motivation.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 955
NinaK replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:57 AM

Robin:

I have seen the pictures of your Grandma's Flowers and it is a lovely quilt.  If you get only one or two flowers added this weekend, it will be a move in the right direction.Hang in there!

I did get into my sewing room yesterday.  Once I got started, I didn't want to stop.  I got the first border on the Feb Ufo done and started work on the pieced border.  If I do the same today, perhaps I can finish the pieced border. 

NinaK

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:27 PM

Here we are in the last half of February and I don't know what my UFO will be.   I need something that will take less time than the Roman shades.  Remember Nana's first MQ that she designed?   I had only 4 corners to redo.  My border was a little tricky.   I think I will go take a look at that.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 5 of 7 (101 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use