How are the UFOs going?

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 4:34 AM

Patti, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I should learn to read more carefully. But anyway, that's good news cause since posting the quilt I intended to be my January UFO, I have realized I don't have the border fabric to finish it, so it will have to be for another month.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 5:02 AM

With the end of the month coming, i may have to choose another UFO to finish so I can get one done in tome.  A quilt I started for my nephew years ago that just needs the borders.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:23 PM

Patti:
With the end of the month coming, i may have to choose another UFO to finish so I can get one done in tome.

Patti, I'm not doing any better than you, I have yet to sew one stitch in the UFO I chose for this month. But I HAVE got the project out and ready to work on, Hopefully tomorrow will include some sewing time. I think once I get the momentum going again I'll want to keep going until it finished, and a deadline of the 31st should help too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,250
Robin replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:23 AM

Many lovely quilts have been posted since I checked in last.  I am make some progress on my Grandma's Flower but I knew it would be done in January.  Probably not February either but this group is giving me the motivation to work on it and I am very thankful for that.  I will post a picture in February to show you how much I've gotten done.   

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:39 PM

I finished my quilting and binding is sewn to the front. will post photo after I get that sewn.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:49 PM

well my Ufo is getting closer to being a quilt top, I have 2 more days till the end of the month and I will be sewing every chance I get. I am going to get it done!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:30 PM

Just loving this one too Jacy.  The colors are really wonderful!  Even if you don't get it completely finished you worked on your UFO this month.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:39 PM

This is as far as I've gotten on my January UFO.  All the 99 five inch squares are finished.  All I need to do is get them altogether in the eleven rows of nine squares each.  The top 4 rows are sewed together.  The fabrics on the left sides are being auditioned for the three borders.  DH says the black should be closest to the squares, then the white then a red.  Not sure which one to use.  I like the bottom but DH likes the top.  What do you think?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,250
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:16 AM

Jacy,

It's looking good.  Love the pattern.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,250
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:18 AM

Mimi:

This is as far as I've gotten on my January UFO.  All the 99 five inch squares are finished.  All I need to do is get them altogether in the eleven rows of nine squares each.  The top 4 rows are sewed together.  The fabrics on the left sides are being auditioned for the three borders.  DH says the black should be closest to the squares, then the white then a red.  Not sure which one to use.  I like the bottom but DH likes the top.  What do you think?

Both are good but I'm with you.  I like the bottom.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:08 PM

Beautiful Mimi and Kris.

Well tomorrow is the last day of the month so I better work fast to get something done.   I am switching UFOs and going for one that does not need much work to get the top done.  Just have to cut the outer border and sew on it and the inner border on.    My goal is to finish a UFO every month this year.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

I just wanted to share my progress on this UFO.  I haven't touched it since 2002. The BOM was given to me because she didn't like the colors. It was given to her for the same reason. Two blocks were done when I got it. It's not my colors either but it's growing on me because of all the hard work going into it.  Star and I picked a hand appliqué UFO to try to finish this year.  We are completing one block every 2 months. I'm on block 8 of 12 blocks then the appliqued border. I'm also doing round robin 3, a mariner's compass in the hoop at my LQS, Audubon Christmas Quilt at my LQS, and in March I add the MQ8. Lol. Must have variety and no, I'm not retired yet!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:35 AM

Beautiful blocks Maggie. This is already a stunner.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:35 AM

I started to list my UFOs.  Then I gave up.  I think I have enough to last at least 3 years of completing one a month. I am back to the Roman shades.  I want to finish 2 more this week.  Or should i say, DH wants me to finish them.  My nest most important UFO is the one  I have been doing for a friend.  For years.  Then if I could get all the old MQs out of the way, 2 of which I haven't even finished sewing the tops. 

I  also have a couple current projects I need to complete soon.  One is a banjo case for my sister.  She thinks I can make anything.  I have the plans and materials.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:27 AM

WOW Maggie!  Your blocks are gorgeous, can't wait to see the finished project.

This is a UFO I finished and sent off to Barbara to machine quilt for me last year.  So sorry it took so long to post.  Barbara did a wonderful job quilting it.  I just got to present it to my DGS yesterday and he loves it.  The top, close-up of border, close up of inner quilt, back of quilt sideways.

Millbury, MA

Page 4 of 7 (101 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use