rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:39 PM

Bianca:
I must be a starter, but sadly, not a finisher.

Bianca, you sound like alot of us, you are in good company!

I hear we will be having another UFO challenge the beginning of the year, that helps us get focused at least for a short while on getting some of those projects finished.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 55
Kace replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:46 AM

I am new to this UFO forum, but I'm so glad to find you!

I have a stack of boxes (the kind paper comes in) 5 high full of once-enticing, but still promising projects. I was looking through them last week trying to find some cowboy fabric for a friend in our guild. Oh, I am looking forward to completing them! I have just finished a baby quilt from the late 90's--still cute, and a scrap donation quilt from last year. All while trying to avoid an annoyingly large wedding quilt.

Do you each have a list of all UFO's and then share when one is completed? How do you use this forum to keep focused on the UFOs?

Talk to you all soon!

Kace

Milton, Massachusetts

I

Kace

Milton, Massachusetts

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

I am in the  process of quilting a quilt for dil, which I said I would try to finish before Christmas. When that is finished I am going to go through my closet and list all of my UFOs. I have a dry erase board with 9 UFOs listed on it. I am a little suspicious that I have more than that. I am really ready to get some things finished. Last year I said I wasn't going to start anything new until I finished some things, guess you know what happened, ROFLOL!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:26 PM

Kace, some of us are afraid of listing our UFOs.  It would take up too much time when we could be sewing.  I finished a few last year, some that really needed go get done.  Like the farewell signature quilt for the youth pastor that left 3 years ago! 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:46 PM

well i hope by the time the challenge starts that I will have completed two quilts hopefully by the new year they were supposed to be xmas gifts last year lol but didn't happen. I will be working on my boyfriends, and my adopted father's (whose really just a close friend and old co-worker) hehe. Since lately this week my hours have been reduced dramatically tg he got a job in nick of time to take up the slack now instead of me working 50-65 hours a week to pay all bills and food etc.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Sukochi:

I'll answer here, so the picture thread stays clean. 

This quilt was supposed to be Jodi's MQ.  I didn't like something in the pattern, it was so long ago I can't even remember what.  So I deviated and ended up with this.  I wasn't making it for anyone, just sewing.  But, I've decided to give it to my Aunt.  And I really do need to hurry up and "Get r done"!

Thanks for the compliment.  So nice of you.

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:18 PM

Ginny L:

I like it Ginny.  Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:04 AM

Ginny L:

Ginny, Lovely, thanks.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:23 PM

Happy New Year everyone. Well it's Jan 1st and I started working on my first UFO that won't really count, but I need to get done anyway. I am quilting the small pink and pastel pinwheel quilt, it should not take too long. Any quilting I do is either done by hand or on my Bernina, I do not have a long arm, room for a long arm, or money for a long arm machine. Wish I did. My Bernina has a 7 inch throat and I have trouble getting the bigger quilts squeezed through. This little one is a nice change.

So, who else has started on their UFO's?

Happy quilting!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:30 PM

I also started quilting my Jan UFO but not sure if it will get done by end of Jan. as I just got chest cold for the new years sigh.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:51 PM

I am still trying to finish up a king sized quilt for my niece that is her Christmas present. We had our Christmas dinner a week after Christmas, and she did get to open it as I had finished the quilting by then, but I still gotta get the binding done. I hope to finish it this week, then it's on to the January UFO.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

I don't believe this quilt is really a UFO under the rules.  But, like Sabrina I need to get it done.  And this thread is the proper motivator.

I got the binding cut, pieced, and sewn on.  Now to hand stitch it down.  All 33 feet of it.  Now why the heck did I measure it?  LOL

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 9:52 PM

Hello and HNY to everyone.  I've been sewing up a storm and there are bits and pieces of three quilts floating around my quilting area.  But only one is a UFO.  This is how far I've gotten on my son's b-day present. This is NOT pieced yet and is missing one block and 4 rows plus the borders. Each block is 5 x 5 finished and there are 99 blocks to be made.  I guess I didn't want to think about going back to work so I kept doing more and more sewing.  But tomorrow is the day so my free time is not as free.  Be back when I can.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:04 PM

Mimi, that is beautiful!  Today I looked in my room for batting for mine.  Didn't have a piece big enough, so will have to get that when I am in town on Friday.  So today I am going to catch up on a block of the month.  Current project, but hope to keep that from becoming a UFO. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 2 of 7 (101 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use