UFO re-defined?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti Posted: Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:19 PM

I think we need some different categories.  What do you all think? I used to define a UFO as something where the fabric is already at least partly cut.  But after folding and sorting my fabric this past week, I found so many patterns and the uncut fabric I bought for them.  Just waiting for me.  Then there are all the BOM quilts started or purchased but not completed.  Other tops not quite done, and tops completed but not quilted.  Not to mention the baby clothes not completed before my now 23 year old daughter out grew them.   But I do know someone who is pregnant now!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:11 PM

I agree with you there. Therefore the conest should be divided up that way as well like 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category. However, that might mean more work for you. So it is purely upto you however you may be able to recruit some of us or at least one of us to help you out.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:37 PM

Patti:
I think we need some different categories.  What do you all think?

I divide mine into 3 groups.

Pattern with fabric bought and/or kits (not really a UFO yet, but I do want to get to these)

Quilts in various stages of construction

Quilt Tops

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 50
Marcy replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 9:42 AM

I agree.  I have so many assorted projects, books, ideas, just started, in the middle of, or nearly finished but abandoned I need several closets.  I need inspiration to get them done.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:20 AM

can't have prizes for every category unless we have more people donating towards the prizes.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,964
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:52 AM

Patti what do we need to do to donate towards the prizes? I'd be willing  to help out some . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use