Length of UFO 2011

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 105
Cindy Posted: Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:34 PM

I have just joined this group a couple of weeks ago and was wondering how long the UFO  challenge was going to run?  I have a lot of UFOs but currently I am in Mexico on holidays and off hand I cannot remember how many there actually are.  I know there are over 20 for sure.  Once I get back home at the end of the month I will be able to accurately count them all.  Patti your pattern looks wonderful and I am always looking for something to encourage me to finish UFOs!!!!  Even on holidays in Mexico I have brought one along and I am currently doing the hand applique on it.  Maybe it will be ready for borders by the time I get home. LOL  (not likely but I can always dream) 

Hopefully this challenge will run until the end of the year and not just for the winter!    Cindy

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:06 PM

Hi Cindy.  This one is different than the previous ones and runs 6 months.  Before they ran for 3 months each and had gift certificates for prizes, for those that completed the most UFOs.  I don't know what we will do after this. 

At the end of this challenge, the pattern will be made available to everyone.   It was meant to be a motivator, but plenty have been motivated without it.  Would love to see some of your projects in process, and the final pics once done.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 580

Ok, call me daft and thick, but I just dont' get how this works.  I list my ufo's and when I finish one, I can download the pattern?  Is it every month?  where is the pattern?  I'm sure these are all really dumb questions, but sometimes I need a little extra help!

Cheers, Dionne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 9:25 PM

Dionne (iQuilty!):
Ok, call me daft and thick, but I just dont' get how this works.  I list my ufo's and when I finish one, I can download the pattern?  Is it every month?  where is the pattern?  I'm sure these are all really dumb questions, but sometimes I need a little extra help!

All good questions for something that obviously needs clarification.  Go to "pages" listed on the home page for UFO group, and there you will see various "pages" about the current and past UFO challenges. 

Post of picture of your completed UFO, and then "friend" me and send me your address and I will send you the patterns for the first two blocks.  This past week I decided it would be easier to send the first and second block pattern together since they are similar. 

My idea for this challenge has been a lot harder than I thought it would be.  And since I have had to work extra at work, I have not been responding to people as quickly as I had planned.  At the end of 6 months the pattern will be available to everyone.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use