2011 Winter UFO Challenge!

rated by 0 users
This post has 76 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Mon, Jan 24 2011 8:24 AM

Way to go, girl! The jacket looks wonderful! You've helping with the incentive to get some of my UFO's done

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sat, Jan 29 2011 3:05 PM

Well I have nothing completely completed yet but I have finished 3 tops and have all the blocks finished for another 2 that I hope to get sewn this week.  Does that count, at least they are not bits and peices and more ;-)

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Marilyn~

Congrats! You're doing wonderful on the UFO's. My pile is still looking at me!

I'm hoping to hear about Ellie on Monday and find out how much it'll be to get her out of intensive care. I'm sunk without her. My other machines are o.k. for piecing but can't handle anything bigger. I'm like a fish out of it's tank......I need my Ellie. :o{

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Sat, Jan 29 2011 4:41 PM

marilyn, you are making headway and that counts in my book    gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 5:37 AM

Thanks Gini and Diane.  Diane, you have been without Ellie for a while now it seems, what is the hold up on her?  I can't imagine going that long without my machines, I feel for you.

Paris, Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

I FINISHED the Christmas BOM top today.  It's on it's way to the long arm quilter.  This quilt is so big that I haven't found a place to get a picture of it.  I'll try to before I deliver it for quilting.

On to the "Meet Me in Paris" quilt top.  Started it three or more years ago.  I'm anxious to get rolling on it. 

BUT FIRST, I need to "Lumberyard"  the scraps from the Christmas BOM.  I might even do some string quilting with them for a couple of shams or something!

I'm anxious to see a few baseball games here in Yuma too.  Hmmmm decisions, decisions.  Or is that priorities????

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Filed under: |
  • Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

PattyMc~

Good for you! You're just cranking them out. I'm getting some of my to do list done but I'm not up to the UFO's yet that are on the list. They are going to get done this year if it kills me. It might not be in the official UFO group but they will get done........or else!!!!!

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:39 AM

Hi, Snowbird - your term "lumberyard" your scraps intrigues me - it's not a term I've heard before. Does it mean use all the scraps for another quilt?

Congratulations on getting one to a long armer :) - looking forward to see it when you get it posted.

I think I might head over to Phoenix to catch some hockey games....like you say priorities :) Have a great weekend

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Pat:
Snowbird - your term "lumberyard" your scraps intrigues me

Check out this thread  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/4773.aspx  It explains the system.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Patti~

I'm going to have to pull out of the 2011 Winter UFO Challenge. I have way over extended myself and can't keep up with every thing that I have committed to. Too many things going on at home plus running the business and health and lots of commitments that I have on QCA and tons of quilting projects in my own to do pile. I hope you all do well with getting the UFO's done.  And your pattern is beautiful Patti!

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,435
Pat replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 9:01 PM

Thank you, Patty. That info is great.

I do put all my leftover strips from projects in containers - one for 2", one for 3", etc. That way I can pull them out when I have a scrap pattern that calls for that size strip.

Have a great day

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Well the computer is giving me fits again this morning.  I was going to upload the picture I took of the "I Believe" wall hanging but I can't get my files to open.  I'll keep trying but I may have to wait for Dave to come home after his volunteer work.  :o( 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Call me stubborn :o)   I got the file to upload.  Hurray.  The glittery holly leaves are kinda hard to see even when I blew it up but trust me, they are there.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 20 2011 1:43 PM

My appologies to everyone.  I have been very overwelmed at work, in fact i am there now but taking a break.  I have written the instructions for block 1 and 2 for both versions.  But even as I read them, I realize that they are probably only clear to me because I wrote them.  So I will take pictures tonight to go with the instructions.  Anyone ready for the first block, if you haven't done so already friend me with your address and it will be in Tuesday's mail (i think tomorrow is a holiday.)  If you are friending me for the first time, send me your address a second time as for some reason I never get the first message. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:40 PM

i don't know if this qualifies as a ufo or not.  we started it last year and it hung around in the studio for months not years like most of my other quilts.  but it is finished and i'm tickled      gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 65
Page 4 of 6 (77 items) «Prev23456Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use