2011 Winter UFO Challenge!

rated by 0 users
This post has 76 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti Posted: Sat, Jan 1 2011 11:43 PM

Hey everyone, the new challenge is about to begin.  Using a BOM as a motivator this time.  Go to "pages" to see the BOM pattern and explanation, and posting of challenge rules.  Comments and suggestions are welcome on this forum.  Always open to suggestions.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

This sounds fun Patti

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Patti I just looked at your block, I;ts beautiful, But it looks really complicated to me lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 1:00 PM

Patti

Your design is gorgeous.  Maybe I will actually get to some of these UFOs and get them done.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 8:45 AM

I am going to do this in two sizes, the more complicated looking version with 12 inch blocks, and then the simpler pattern with 8 inch blocks.  But I am really going to play around with fabrics on the "simpler" one.  I have ordered some fabrics from Paula Nadelstern's line.  Mostly getting the medalions that I will insert in places to give it more detail.  The sizes for both quilts are determined by the fabrics I have chosen.  Looking for the size that will show off the fabric best.

I think I need to sew a couple completed blocks to get people's interest, or this is not going to be much of  a motivator.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 4:15 PM

Patti

I think your pattern is gorgeous.  I can see lots of possibilites.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 7:02 PM

Patti the pattern is beautiful!  Looks too complicated for me but if you say otherwise I believe you.  I was unable to view your EQ5 but I think that Apple is not compatible with EQ.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 4 2011 10:05 AM

Ok Leslie....ooops I mean Marie

You can do this one....remember all you have to do with a pattern that looks difficult is to break it down into its parts.  Usually those parts are not all that bad.   Remember MQ3....people all said that if they had seen the completed quilt first they wouldn't have thought they could do it.   You can do alot more than you give yourself credit for.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 3,375
Pat replied on Tue, Jan 4 2011 9:54 PM

That is a neat looking block, Patti :)  Hopefully I'll get one of the UFO's done....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

OK Nana,I have bit my tongue for saying complicated. :(  lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:37 AM

Leslie

Just had to pick on you a liitle bit.   I have faith in you and know that you will break out of your shell and do beautiful work on quilts this year.  I bet you find all kinds of things to do that you thought you couldn't.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

I know Nana, not doubting myself is going to be harder than trying not to give Richard any of my FQs LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,137
Points 40,875

Patti the block is beautiful.  I have 4 UFOs that have been sitting since before the summer.  and SBS that will make 2 lap.  Not sure if one qualifies as it is the fall fabric swap and the only thing I cut was the fabric for one block for me and the ones to send.  The other three have been cut and partially sewn.  I am working on the SBS now that I have finished the blocks I am working on getting them together.  I will be happy if I can get all 6 of the tops done in 6 months.  Thanks for the challenge.

Paris, Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

The pattern looks great and the difficult part is not finishing a UFO but deciding which one to finish LOL I have so many to choose from. hehehe

Cumberland Gap, TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 50
Kaylace replied on Sat, Jan 8 2011 8:47 PM

I've just joined the Quilter's Club and found this group. I am currently cleaning out my sewing room and organizing all the stray fabrics. Of course, in the process i am finding lots of lost UFO's... before I pick the first one I'll have to continue with my pile making... Hopefully this group will help me out. One thing I do know, I must put the binding on two quilts, could that be the first of my UFO's.... I think so.

Kay

Metro Atlatnta

http://kaylace.blogspot.com

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 6 (77 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use