rated by 0 users
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay Posted: Sat, Jan 30 2010 3:48 PM

Block 40:  Courthouse Steps, p. 28

Please post all your ideas, frustrations, questions, thoughts, but most important pictures!

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 362
Points 8,312

First again to post! This paper piecing is hard when the lines are long.  I just like the short one.  This had long lines and it was harder to keep it straight.  I guess my courthouse steps have flowers growing up the walk!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 5 2010 5:51 PM

So very pretty.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Feb 5 2010 6:05 PM

very nice,  is the flowered fabric one of the ones your daughter picked? i like it too.  gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

very nice tattinglady.  I will get caught up but dh made me a matching shelf unit that became the L on my sewing table and have spent the last couple of days painting it so my room is in a bit of a mess but it is done and just curing.  I was going to look into getting one of those cutting mat/ironing boards to use on it but from what I have read they are not all they are cracked up to be.  Many comments are about how they warp or come unglued.  I was hoping to put my full size ironing board away but am having second thoughts.  Do any of you gals use one?

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 5 2010 6:21 PM

Marilyn,

if you're talking about the boards that have cutting mat on one side and ironing pad on the other I have one. It hasn't come unglued but it is warped. The middle now has a mound and my rulers will no longer lie flat on it. The ironing surface also became discoloured very easily.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Feb 5 2010 6:43 PM

marilyn, i have had one for a couple of years now.   i haven't had a problem.  it's just like new.  i use it for classes and i have it here at the house. it is always on a flat surface or folded up.   i haven't used the ironing board part as much,  so that part hasn't been given a real work out.   the cutting surface is used a lot.   i don't think i would like it for my only cutting mat and ironing board.   too small for me.    

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:30 PM

Tattinglady

Another very pretty block.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 362
Points 8,312

gini:

very nice,  is the flowered fabric one of the ones your daughter picked? i like it too.  gini

Yes it is.  She did a good job and bought 1/4 lengths of each one.  I'm doing okay with them so far, but may need for her to get more.  I'm mixing what I had bought with what she bought and it is a good mix.  She found a good LQS there and they had a good line of fabrics.  I'm going to wait until I see her again to choose my sashing.  I thought I had something that would work but it doesn't look too good when I put the blocks on it.  So there is no hurry.  i will  be going to Little Rock in May for sure for graduation of my twins.  I guess I won't need it before then!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

gini:

marilyn, i have had one for a couple of years now.   i haven't had a problem.  it's just like new.  i use it for classes and i have it here at the house. it is always on a flat surface or folded up.   i haven't used the ironing board part as much,  so that part hasn't been given a real work out.   the cutting surface is used a lot.   i don't think i would like it for my only cutting mat and ironing board.   too small for me.    

I read a lot of reviews and it seems that it is either loved or hated.  I wanted it more for the ironing surface but I think I will just stick to my cutting matt and ironing board

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

I forget the order we were supposed to do them in so am going thru my marked squares alphabetically.  Here is the next one on my list.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:53 PM

wow,  pretty in pink.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 9 2010 8:22 PM

Marilyn

Very pretty in pink.   Lovely,

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 9 2010 8:37 PM

Gorgeous block Marilyn.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 464
Points 14,862

Salem, UT

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use