Swap Plan, Swappers please read...

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
Did not mean to cause a problem. I don't have my book yet and not made up my mind what I am going to use as fabric. Am also going to start a BOM at the local quilt shop. Something about a Farmer's Daughter. There is 111 blocks. So with doing two BOM maybe three might just go with the Civil War fabric I have saved for my Dear Jane that has been really slow. Like 1 block a year.

I am like a snapdragon

Part of me has snapped

And a part of me is draggin

Jill Maria/KS
  • Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 8:19 PM

jill marie,   you didn't cause a problem, it just started some good dialogue.   gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:31 PM

No problem, just trying to figure out how to best work this out for everyone!  I think if we can get a clue as to what the four of you are planning to do, we can come up with a workable solution...

Kay

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:10 PM

Kay

I think it would be nice if I had a clue of what I was doing too..lol

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:25 PM

so,  kay doesn't have a clue, and neither does nana.  if i had a clue, i couldn't remember it.  that leaves jill  marie to bail us out.  : )   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:32 PM

gini

Maybe they should just call us the clueless trio.......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Hi guys.  I would do a swap but as I am not the best quilter I am not sure you would like how my blocks come out.  Also I am slow because of work and school committments and would not want to hold anyone up.  It is a nice idea of swapping and maybe on the next one I will.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:12 PM

jill-marie, i just noticed your avatar.  did you change it recently?  it's pretty cute.   igni

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
I have had that avatar all along. I got my book today. Now off to the quilt shop tomorrow and look at fabrics to get an idea what I am going to use. I like Batiks but they blend together too much. There are really some beautiful quilts in the book. We have until the 27th so plenty of time to get things ready.

I am like a snapdragon

Part of me has snapped

Jill Maria/KS
  • Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Wed, Dec 2 2009 6:38 PM

jill-marie,  i think batiks would work fine, and it would be striking. you would just need to make sure there is enough difference in color between the pieces.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

I received my book today too so I am good to go.  I am looking at all the patterns and I quite like them but I have never appliqued or paper pieced before so this should be a learning experience.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay replied on Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:24 PM

I am doing batiks also.  Never have done batiks before so it is a learning experience for me.

I am making sure there is a definite color difference.

Well, clueless me, but I am still not sure how we are going to do the swap thing...

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
There is another avatar like mine but the green monster has a martini in her hand instead of a cup of coffee. The ones of us that are exchanging blocks need to get each others snail address some how. I don't know if we can post our e-mail address here or not. I get to go to the quilt shop tomorrow. I had one of the girls cut me a fq(around this part we call them fluffy quarters)and bring it to the guild meeting for me for the drawing. I gave her the money and she was not at work today. So will go in tomorrow and look around at the batiks. The only thing about batiks, I am told, is that they do not applique very easy. All that process they go through and the thread count, I think, they are not needle friendly. But I was told that after I had done some applique with batik. I had no trouble.

I am like a snapdragon

Part of me has snapped

Jill Maria/KS
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Wed, Dec 2 2009 9:22 PM

jill-marie,   i have appliqued with batiques before.   i use a very thin  straw needle and haven't had any problems.   i do try to use a smaller thread that matches moe closely , the thread weight of the fabric.  i think it hides the stitches better if you use a thread similar to the size of the thread in your fabric.   but, i choose  to match color before anything else.  gini

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use