Swap Plan, Swappers please read...

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay Posted: Sun, Nov 29 2009 9:51 AM

I have three people interested in swapping so far.  They are Nana, Gini, and Smac36.  I plan to post 3 blocks at a time, my suggestion is that Nana takes the first one, Gini takes the second one and Smac36 takes the third.  Make 3 of each of them.

How does that sound???

Periodically we can plan to mail them to each other...

I am open to better ideas...

• Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
Please include my name. I do not have my book yet. What about the fabrics that we use? I was thinking of using Batiks but that might change when I get the book.

I am like a snapdragon

Part of me has snapped

And a part of me is draggin

Jill Maria/KS
  • Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
Am doing a correction. When my reply posted it had a link to a quilt shop I use and not my signature. So am just posting this to correct the signature part of my posting

I am like a snapdragon

Part of me has snapped

Jill Maria/KS
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:04 PM

kay, let me understand this.   nana makes three of block #1,    i make three of block#2, and smac makes three of block #3.   does that mean that i don't have to make blocks  1 & 3?    and if we get more in the exchange, we just make that many more of the blocks we're assigned, but we have fewer designs to make?  

gini,    wait, whose on first?  : )

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:05 PM

kay, i forgot to say, that sounds good to me.  what does everyone else think, and we probably need to do similar color schemes?     gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:57 PM

I think this sounds like a good way to do this but I wonder if we will have problems due to color selections?

I sort of thought it would be fun to pick a block that you wanted to make an extra of and maybe mat the block and write on the matting who made it who it was sent to and when and that it was part of our Dear Jane journey together.  the block could then be framed and used as a remembrance of our journey together.  This way I think just about everybody could participate without fear of having a block they couldn't use in their quilt.

What do you think?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:00 AM

Sorry I meant to say Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Journey not Dear Jane.  As i am planning on doing both I sometimes get confused........

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:32 AM

nana,  that means we're all back to making all the blocks,   so i'm, a little confused.  not an unnatural state for me,  i live in  the state of confusion.   anyway, i'm going to sleep on it,  and maybe we'll get more input tomorrow.  gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
My two cents. I have always, in other block exchanges I have been in, passed on some fabric from my stash that I am using in that quilt to each person that is in the exchange. Like about a yard. They use a piece of it in each block that is sent back to me. If they go back to a central location to be sent back out, more postage, then the person doing the re-sending gets a block each time from the people in the exchange. Will be glad to do what everyone decides.

I am like a snapdragon

Part of me has snapped

Jill Maria/KS
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 9:28 AM

okay, it just got more confusing and harder.

if Nana, Gini, Smac36 and Tumbleweed want to send each other fabric, I think you will need to do this separately and make arrangements separately.  I thought the idea of a sampler swap was to have a truly scrappy quilt.

So, maybe I should just plan to post 4 blocks at a time and let you four work it out...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:34 AM

kay, i think it would work if we were all doing the same color families, but if one person is doing batiks and another 30's fabric and someone else.... you're right it did get complicated pretty quickly.  maybe admin can help  with guide lines? i've never done this before.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:42 AM

jill-marie, so each person sends a yard of fabric to each exchange participant.   then i use that fabric with some of my own and send the fabric and the block back to the original fabric owner?   or to the next person on the list until it gets home?    baby steps here, i'm finding this hard to follow.   then the original fabric owner gets her fabric remnant back and as many blocks as there are participants?      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:41 PM

Nana, Gini, Smac36 and Tumbleweed:

What fabrics are you planning to use?  Batiks, Civil war, etc..

What background have you chosen?

If we can get answers to these questions, maybe we can pair you up or something...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 1:22 PM

this is tentative,   but off white prints for backgrounds, and small prints lights and mediums.   i have a bunch of those left over from another quilt.   i'll get a picture and post in media/    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 1:23 PM

and, kay, i'm sorry we're being problem children.    : )   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use