Group5 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 4:43 PM

Kathy, Have you sent out your package yet? Just wondering because my schedule is really busy and I need to know when it's coming so I can get it worked in. I'll be glad when October is over. Hugs

• Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:40 PM

I have been on the road for work the past two days.  Just got home.  My center is completed and can be mailed tomorrow.  The label will probably come in a separate envelope.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:23 PM

Kathy, hoping to mail my package to you tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:17 PM

Jacy, just found my receipt with the tracking number on it, it is scheduled to be delivered to you tomorrow.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:29 PM

Karla:

Jacy, just found my receipt with the tracking number on it, it is scheduled to be delivered to you tomorrow.

How exciting, I love getting squishies in the mail, much better than Junk mail and bills!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 3:24 PM

Mailed my center about an hour ago.  You should have it Tuesday or Wednesday.  I have a tracking number if it isn't there by Wednesday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:09 PM

Linda

Your block arrived today.  Very pretty.   Now I just have to decide what I want to do for my border.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:19 PM

Karla, I received your center today, the wheels in my brain are turning, but I'm going to have to wait until after the holiday weekend to do anything.

Kathy, Mine went in the mail this afternoon, it should be delivered Tuesday.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:31 PM

Nana:

Linda

Your block arrived today.  Very pretty.   Now I just have to decide what I want to do for my border.

Just remember patriotic and you will do fine, Nana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 2:34 AM

Ladies of group 5 sorry  I didn't make it  to work with you all , maybe by the time we are ready for the next one I'll be all healed up.  Nana, thanks for filling in  for me.  you are such a dear .. I hope you all don't mind if I just go ahead and follow the group. I am hoping to do a little bit of sewing in the next day or two ,right now I'm on a 30 min restriction .at my machine.  According to my visiting nurse, no pushing or over doing  it.  .Gee I really hate being this restricted  and feels like I'm never gonna get healed up  LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:33 AM

Barbara, just go right ahead and follow along and join in the conversing.  We've really missed you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Barbara, so glad you are able to visit with us. Please don't over do it. We don't want you to end up back in the hospital. Nana was so sweet to step in at the last minute.Thirty minutes isn't much time when life revolves around sewing. I'm sure you'll be chipper and ready to rock by the January RR. And if not, we will expect you to visit with us through that RR too. The name of the game is wellness for years to come and many more RRs. {{{Hugs}}}

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 8:47 PM

Kathy D:

Mailed my center about an hour ago.  You should have it Tuesday or Wednesday.  I have a tracking number if it isn't there by Wednesday.

Kathy your package arrived today. Your center is beautiful!!!! You really didn't give any type of instructions with it. Do you have any that you want to give us? I won't forward until the label catches up.

Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:43 PM

There are no specific instructions because I am open to whatever your creative eye tells you should be next.  I love colors.  I love little touches that pop.  My plan for this quilt is to keep it.  I have made so many projects over the years and have kept very little.  This will be like a gift from each of you - and gifts should be surprises. 

My label will be in the mail in a day or so.  I make the little white garments for infant Baptisms for my parish.  Fr. Andrew wants them full of lace - wants the babies to look like little angels.  I had to spend the weekend getting caught up on those - they had 6 Baptisms in 2 weeks.  That's a lot for our area.

Jacy-

Your package arrive today also - and I ripped into it like a little kid at Christmas. The machine stitching on the applique is beautiful.  I'm guessing that you have a very nice sewing machine and you obviously know how to use it.  I think I know what I will add - have to find just the right color.

Your journal is fascinating.  The fabric on the cover has that wonderful vintage look that I love.

I'm beginning to think that this Round Robin thing is going to be addictive.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:15 AM

Kathy, glad to hear my block arrived safely. No fancy machine here, just a 10 yr old Pfaff that has a buttonhole stitch that I use alot.

My journal was a last minute idea, I cut a large rectangle of fusible, fused it to the outside fabric, peeled of the paper backing and then fused it to the inside fabric. Trimmed it and then folded it in half to make the cover. Then I sewed the papers in.  I loved that fabric too, I've had it for years, It didn't end up being used for the center but used some on the journal, so that was good.

Sewing little baptism outfits sounds like fun, I sewed a teeny white eyelet gown for my DD, with eyelet lace and satin ribbons. 

Page 4 of 10 (144 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use