Group2 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Gals, I was glancing through some of the other groups and it reminded me of some courtesy issues. My group from the last RR was fantastic about courtesy for those of us with allergies and non-smoking households.  I am a reformed smoker (I know, the worst) and have allergies to cats and smoke. Dogs are ok. I have three "pocket" fur babies that have hair, not fur (2 Yorkies and a Chinese crested). Last RR we put a dryer sheet in the quilt top each time we mailed it to the next person. That seemed to address any issues of smoke (wood or cigarettes). For animals we kept them from direct contact with the quilt tops and gave them a good shake before passing on. Also, smokers agreed not to smoke in direct contact with the quilt tops. I didn't have one issue with any of the tops bothering my allergies. BTW, we had two smokers in our group and they were so courteous , it was awesome. ;-)

If anyone else has these same issues or others please let us know so we can make sure to address them. Karen sends to me so her care will mean the most to me. I send to Bethany. Bethany, is there anything I can do when packaging the quilt tops that will make your experience more pleasant?

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Bethany checking in here. 

I am new to quilters club and still having a little trouble navigating the posts.

I am very excited to be in this group.  Both my daughters just left for college.  And my father passed away just a month ago. 

So I need something other than my 40 hour a week job to distract me.  

I don't have my center ready but I am planning to work on that. tomorrow after church.  

I have a Saint Bernard.  She sheds a lot but she never goes in my sewing room.  Even so I will take extra care with the tops that come way.

Sunshine, I have no special request when you send to me. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:53 PM

Betheny Jane- oh, I've always wanred a St Bernard but don't think they could take Oklahoma's summers.  I have 2 small/medium dogs.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:50 PM

Ok, my center is done - check;  

journal is written - check;

I've included surprises for everyone - check;

my label is done - check;

have my center in a baggie - check;  

have my Priority mail envelope stuffed and ready to go - check;

print my shipping label -  check;

on its way tomorrow - check!  

Karen - it's coming to you, will send you the tracking number in a PM.  Kathy - send to me whenever you are ready.   OOHH, another RR has begun, so excited!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:36 PM

Bethany - sorry about your Dad!  But you sound like you have it altogether and are positive.  glad you are part of our group and can't wait to work on your center.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 5:47 PM

Debbie - Kathy's block is on its way to you! She is going to have an eye surgery tomorrow so se sent it out early. I will PM the tracking to you.

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Bethany, two daughters to college means independence for mom. LOL. You can still love and miss them but this is your time to spread your wings. New things are onthe horizon for you. Ahhh, I remember the newness of alone time. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Debbie, so organized and i love the enthusiasm!  I've been gone visiting my mom.  Had a nice time. I cut out an entire quilt for her to start sewing. I was able to squeeze in a few hours on my center. Hahaha. But shes happy and ready to sew. Also got to spend a few hours with my granddaughters, oldest son and his wife. Stopped by to see my youngest son and his wife. They just bought their first home (a fixer upper). Made it home safe but really tired. Work tomorrow starting at 7 a.m.  Bedtime calling my name. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

WOW!  I am still deciding on my colors. 

If I get the the quilt shop today my center will start with blue and yellow.  If I don't it will be purple.

I can't see what you girls do with it.

My mom just sent me a book on pieced borders.  I hadn't even told her about the round robin. :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Bethany Jane:

My mom just sent me a book on pieced borders.  I hadn't even told her about the round robin. :) 

You lucky gal!  My mom does nice things like that for me too. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:58 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Bethany Jane:

You lucky gal!  My mom does nice things like that for me too. 

My mother is still trying to figure out what it is I do when I piece and quilt! Though she didn't hesitate to ask me to consider making a quilt for my niece! I take that back, she did ask if there was much time or money involved!?! .... My niece will probably cherish one I make more than my kids do!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

There are always those family members who don't appreciate the hard work and love that goes into each quilt. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 4:23 AM

I may have misunderstood because I did not include everyone's surprises in my package, I was going, well still am going, to send them to each of you seperately..  Still trying to get my vision back so please forgive any spelling errors.

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Kathy, you are doing great!  I hope the computer isn't too much for your eyes. Take your time.  No, you did not misunderstand. We did not discuss any gifts as a group or any expense for extra postage. Gifts are not required. Also, I am sending everyone a little something separately. I am not sending any additional fabric for my quilt top either. Since we didn't discuss it before hand, separate mailings for any additional items is best. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Bethany Jane:

If I get the the quilt shop today my center will start with blue and yellow.  If I don't it will be purple.

Are you blue and yellow or purple?  ROTFL

i pass by my LQS every day to and from work. Of course they are only open on the way home. I have to look away so I don't make that left turn to the LQS. I always glance at the parking lot to see who is there. Tuesdays and Thursdays are open sew days and evenings. Those are the hardest to pas up. ROTFL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 2 of 14 (199 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use