Group2 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 196 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia Posted: Wed, Aug 21 2013 3:35 PM

Members of group2 please use this thread to connect and to get to know each other.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Hi group 2. I finally decided what I was doing for my center last night. I had thought to do a miniature but I pulled out this pattern last night and thought "how fun!"  So I convinced myself to do this center which is 20" X 20". Almost like it was meant to be. LOL. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

FYI I sent PM to each member with information I couldn't post in an area that the general public can view. Please check your PMs. This will not be the normal course of conversation (PMs) but if there is sensitive information I remind each of you that this group is open to public viewing. Only members can post but everyone can read. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:41 AM

Maggie - did you hear from anyone from group2? 

Zsofia

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,389
Points 23,135
Debbie replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 11:21 AM

I'm here, trying to decide what to do.  Hsve an idea, just need time to sit down and sew.  Darn 40 hours of work gets in my way!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,389
Points 23,135
Debbie replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 11:37 AM

A little about me, I'm a mom of 3, 2 daughters and 1 son and grandma to 7- 6 boys ages 17, 15, 11, 7, 3 and 11 months and have 1 granddaughter, who's 16 going on 30. She is not interested in sewing but likes me to make her stuff. Been married 41 years, retired Air Force wife longer than we were in now. Live in Oklahoma City area, almost 1/2 my life. My father was career AF also and I'm originally from south GA, 20 miles from FL border. I put in 15 years between active duty, AF Reserves and Montana National Guard. I've been sewing since I got my badge for GSs at age 11, quilting for 15 years.  I still have a full-time job, librarian and asst mgr at public library, which really interferes with sewing. so ready to retire in 2 yrs, 4 mos and 8 days, not that I'm counting - Big LOL!

That's me for now.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Debbie, I can't retire and keep my hobby!  Something new might come on the market that I just can't live without. ;-)

i have two boys (35 and 28). I got my name "Grandma Sunshine" from my oldest granddaughter (now 5). She was getting her Grandmas confused. I always sang "You are My Sunshine" to her and one day just before she turned two she wanted to call Grandma on the phone. She said to her mom, "you know, sunshine."  I was so touched and love the name. My youngest granddaughter has always known me as Grandma Sunshine. It took my oldest 10 years after he was married to give me my little beam of sunshine. Fifteen months later I got a moonbeam so my days and nights were covered. Hahaha. My youngest son has been married a year but it will be a few years before I get a precious little bundle from them. 

Life is wonderful and I can't imagine it without sewing and quilting. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Zsofia:

Maggie - did you hear from anyone from group2? 

Zsofia

Zsofia, I've had contact with everyone in our group. Thanks for checking on us.

Anyone in group 2 that has not posted in the group 2 discussion please do so. That way we know each of you at least knows how to get here. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

What a cute story.

I will add a little about me soon.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Karen?  Where are you?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Kathy? Where are you?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

We have a great group!  And the fun begins. Hahaha. I started on my center and can't wait to see what you gals do with it. I decided to do cutesy this time around. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Don't forget your journal and label when you mail. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:47 PM

Maggie

Have you finished the center from the last RR?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Nana, no but I'm working on it. You were right, it's hard to finish hand appliqué when the entire quilt top is done. Lesson learned. ROTFL. My hands get tired and I only work on it about once a week. It's too hot without AC to have the entire quilt top on me while I appliqué. My fur babies think they need to be under it so its double the heat. It looks like September is going to remain hot. :-(. A nice winter project. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 1 of 14 (197 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use